New member in Colorado

Come here to say hello and get up to speed with how to make the most of the forum.
dpert1

New member in Colorado

Post by dpert1 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:05 pm

Hey all!

My name is Dave and I live in Colorado Springs for the time being.

I am a an EOD Officer in the US Army (bomb technician) and get moved around a lot. I plan to end up in Florida with my very own Atom someday soon...

Joining the forum to get read up as much as I can before making the plunge to ownership. I have a 9 month tour in Afghanistan coming up which means plenty of time to learn and save!

I have been into cars since high school. I started out with an 01 Tiburon that my parents got me (that I immediately riced out something awful). Upon totaling (not my fault) I got a 90 Miata (wanted a convertible, didnt care how) and developed my HUGE appreciation for anything roadster. Upon commissioning into the Army and finding the financial freedom of a salary, I graduated to an 05 Lotus Elise. The awesomeness of this as a daily driver lasts for about 2 years at which point your girlfriend demands niceties like a trunk and you cant stand using your crotch as a cup holder for even one more drive through. So I made a difficult decision to mature to 4 seats (well, 2 and an insurance bench) with a BMW 135i (vert). She is currently tuned and a thrill but I miss daily driving the not so normal and belonging to any local car show just by pulling in. Which brings me here, for obvious reasons...

I currently enjoy many other money grabbing hobbies making it difficult to save including Skydiving, Guns (both collecting and shooting), and Motorcycles (Harley, cant be all speed all the time, lol).

I look forward to getting to know the community and culture here =]

hiewyj

Re: New member in Colorado

Post by hiewyj » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:29 pm

Dave,

Welcome to the forum.......I think having an Atom in Florida would be magic

This would be an interesting Sunday drive out...........
Attachments
PigeonKeyBridge.jpg
PigeonKeyBridge.jpg (34.54 KiB) Viewed 327 times