Atomic Mass Saturday 19th Sept - Monday 21st Sept 2015

wasp

Re: Atomic Mass Saturday 19th Sept - Monday 21st Sept 2015

Post by wasp » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:05 am

[quote="John Scherrer"]
Wow - what an epic long weekend !

Julie and I enjoyed every minute.

Huge thanks to all who organised this event, especially Julian, Steve, Tom and the factory team who offered their support at Castle Combe today.

I know Chris and Captain Underpants have some amazing video from the Phantom 3 quadcopter and I have some photos too which I hope to post later ..

Chris is going to give us an FTP site where we can upload any photos for consideration to add to the ones he's taken.
[/quote]

+1 on this.

Thanks guys, you all did a great job and it was much appreciated. I'm sure that some of the photos and footage will be great and show those who couldn't make it what they missed and what a great bunch of folks are involved in this club. :tu: :tu:

Cheers,
Stu
Atom 4, Gr Yaris

Alex Brandon-Smith

Post by Alex Brandon-Smith » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:47 am

Great weekend. Thanks chaps for making it so. Great turnout and shame more didn't stay for the dry weather yesterday afternoon! Lovely to see so many together. Look forward to the next one!
310=325! That'll be the Presidential Remap kicking in... :vroom:

ianf

Post by ianf » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:57 am

On behalf of myself, John and Tony, many thanks to all involved for a great weekend.

First time for us and still buzzing about it, great organization, and great bunch of people.

Look forward to the next one !

Cheers
Ian

jbmxx

Post by jbmxx » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:41 am

A big thanks also from John and Pam, as relative newcomers to the Atom scene we couldn't have wished for a nicer, more friendly group of people. Great organisation by Julian and Steve, and excellent support from Tom and all the rest of the guys from Ariel, all came together to make it a wonderful weekend.

Thanks also to Andy for the superb demo laps for my son-in-law Pete, he's now working out how long it will take him to save for an Atom or whether he'd be better to just sell a kidney now  ;D

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:24 am

It was a brilliant weekend (apart from the wet track on Monday, but that was fun for anyone going out with Sideways or Andy). It was a great pleasure - and a privilege - to see so many members of a club that I only started because no one else would! Thank you all for coming.

And thank you to the organisers for making sure it all went so smoothly.
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

stupot

Post by stupot » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:29 pm

Excellent weekend and a huge thanks to everyone involved with the organisation.
Atom 2 160 (05-11) / Atom 3 245 (12-19 ) / Nomad 300 (22-)

Chris410

Post by Chris410 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:03 pm

Just to echo all the comments above. This was my first club event and what an epic weekend it turned out to be (not that there was any doubt). From the impressive exit from the factory to the lovely runs through the Cotswold villages and the eye popping driving of Andy and Sideways at Castle Combe (wonder why they call him that). All in the company of some genuinely friendly and enthusiastic like minded people. Thank you to anyone who had a hand in helping to get the weekend off the ground.
I'm back in work now but still giggling!

Rob Evans

Post by Rob Evans » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:26 am

Another BIG thanks to Julian, Tom and Steve for all their hard work bringing this event together.
A great weekend, even though I ducked out of the wet trackday.
Especially good to see new faces outside of the usual 'core' members. Apologies in advance if I can't remember you the next time we meet. Memory like a sieve, dontchaknow?

Rob.
From Atom 2 245 to Atom 4 350, via Atom 3 300 and Atom 3.5 310

Steve Gibson
Administrator

Post by Steve Gibson » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:42 am

I'm still pretty exhausted, but Atomic Mass reminded me that we need to do the following next year:

1. Atom track days (purely Atoms and Nomads ideally, but not essential).
2. Euro trip. Watch this space...25 June to 9 July has been pencilled.
3. A road trip oop north. The borders or even the west Highlands.
4. A Wales trip.

I hope the new guys (and girls) will come on one or some of those, now they've tasted Atomic Mass.

S
First Atomised 2001.
Atom (165) > Atom 2 (220) > Atom 3 (300) > Atom 3.5 (310) > Atom 4 (350).
There is no cure.

Sir Nick

Post by Sir Nick » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:54 am

[quote="Rob Evans"]
Another BIG thanks to Julian, Tom and Steve for all their hard work bringing this event together.
A great weekend, even though I ducked out of the wet trackday.
Especially good to see new faces outside of the usual 'core' members. Apologies in advance if I can't remember you the next time we meet. Memory like a sieve, dontchaknow?

Rob.
[/quote]

Just adding mine and James thanks to the organisers and to everyone for attending and being such great company - great bunch!

Rob the opposite of name-memory-loss is Tom.  How the hell does he remember every ones name?!

Until the next event, stay safe but drive it like you stole it!

Sir Nick
Atom 3.5R, Black+Red flashes, CF front & rear wings, CF bonnet & mud guards.  Bristol

Kezzie

Post by Kezzie » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:56 am

[quote="Steve Gibson"]
I'm still pretty exhausted, but Atomic Mass reminded me that we need to do the following next year:

4. A Wales trip.

I hope the new guys (and girls) will come on one or some of those, now they've tasted Atomic Mass.

S
[/quote]

I am happy to look into items 3 & 4 on your list Steve.
I had a few discussions with RS4 George and Craig Sams about the Northern trek over the weekend and we plan to get onto it in earnest after Crimbo. Likely to be a Mon-Fri jaunt based at a suitable hotel maybe around Keilder/Borders area.
Also I've helped with the previous Welsh trips that Benupatree arranged so that can be expanded to, maybe, northern Wales too. Traditionally this has been a Sat/Sun outing but if North Wales is involved then probably better as a Fri-Mon outing.

A Honning & Hooning event was also mentioned under Sideway's tutelage. Could be tied into a trackday somewhere like Donnington. Maybe someone should look into this too.

Adrian

Adrian

Steve Gibson
Administrator

Post by Steve Gibson » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:05 am

[quote="Kezzie"]
I am happy to look into items 3 & 4 on your list Steve.
I had a few discussions with RS4 George and Craig Sams about the Northern trek over the weekend and we plan to get onto it in earnest after Crimbo. Likely to be a Mon-Fri jaunt based at a suitable hotel maybe around Keilder/Borders area
[/quote]

Go for it!  :)
First Atomised 2001.
Atom (165) > Atom 2 (220) > Atom 3 (300) > Atom 3.5 (310) > Atom 4 (350).
There is no cure.

Atom120

Post by Atom120 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:31 am

Just to add our thanks also to Julian, Steve and everyone else who helped organise the weekend. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Bring on the road trips!

Old Bill

Post by Old Bill » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:51 am

What a great weekend, thank you Julian, Steve, Tom and all the guys from Ariel at Castle Combe on Monday.

A masterclass of driving from Andy, Koen & Sideways, it was a pleasure to watch.

GraemeW

Post by GraemeW » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:44 am

[quote="Steve Gibson"]

4. A Wales trip.

S
[/quote]
Steve, I haven't even got my atom yet, and I am already thinking where I could take it.  This year I did a Pyranees trip with some guys, in other cars, but found some brilliant driving roads.  Next year the same group are planning the NC500 in the Scottish highlands.  Check it out on http://www.northcoast500.com/home.aspx.  The NC500 would be an awesome atom trip.  I Probably will be doing that before my atom arrives also. 

Beyond that maybe 2017 I will take it to Portugal.  I once worked there and know it well and can speak the lingo.  Some fantastic weather and roads for the Atom....and Nomad.  I will check out interest for that closer to the time.