Atom X - Photographer

Richard Marler
Administrator

Atom X - Photographer

Post by Richard Marler » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:44 pm

Things are starting to get absolutely mad busy in the planning of Atom X and I know I will miss or forget something. That combined with starting a new business and going away for 10 days from the 6th, all means I am pretty short of time. If you can think of anything that looks like it is being missed already, please PM me.

First up on my missed list: We had a load of offers from people wanting to do the photography at Atom X. Can we use this thread please, to confirm who we are going to use?

I don't see there being a problem with there being more than one photographer, but equally we probably don't want too many as it will all get too confusing. Does someone from the club want to volunteer to organise and manage the photography? It would be nice if owners were offered prints and / or CDs at a reasonable rate and the club should get use of the best images for use on the website, etc.

Any thoughts or suggestions very much welcomed.
Atom 3 300. Surrey, England.

Steve H

Re: Atom X - Photographer

Post by Steve H » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:56 am

Hi Richard

If you are likely to need a professional photographer I can recommend Nick from Xtreme Photography.  He does the Trackaction days for us and also works for Circuit Days so you've probably seen his work before.

HTH

Steve H

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:47 pm

Having re read the Atom Discussion thread, John H is your mate Neil still attending?

If this does not have a decent reply by Monday 2nd August I will try to do what I originally planned which is to get a trackday photo company in for the day.  Thanks for all you help on this one guys.

Driver

Post by Driver » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:54 pm

I'd suggest also pooling all the rest of the photos from people that are willing to. Having just shots of people on a track can get boring. Need someone behind the scenes taking people shots, pit shots, road shotsetc... on all the days of the events.

John H

Post by John H » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:41 pm

Yep, Neil is well up for it, though he will do more pitlane/arty shots I suspect than the run of the mill car on a track shots.
This is his website.............
http://www.neilbridge.co.uk/NB_Photogra ... apher.html

As I mentioned, he does loads of work with Ferrari and is also an absolute car fanatic..................total anorak.
So yeah, he will be there I suspect.
I might even have my car by then too

Richard Marler
Administrator

Post by Richard Marler » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:24 pm

So we have a number of people who have offered to do static stuff, but we still need an actual track photographer. Given the lateness of the hour, I think we are probably going to have to rely on commercial operations. So has anyone had a particularly good experience with any of the companies? 

Cheers, R.

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:50 am

Neil is coming down with John and I Saturday morning....

Cheers, Hedge

John H

Post by John H » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:54 am

[quote="Hedge"]
Neil is coming down with John and I Saturday morning....

Cheers, Hedge
[/quote]
I asked Nick Barrett to do the track stuff, but he was booked. It's basically down to whether it makes sense for him to cancel his Castle Coombe day.

Richard Marler
Administrator

Post by Richard Marler » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:08 am

[quote="John H"]
I asked Nick Barrett to do the track stuff, but he was booked. It's basically down to whether it makes sense for him to cancel his Castle Coombe day.
[/quote]

We have a good few first timers, so I would think he would sell some shots.

Jacob Potts

Post by Jacob Potts » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:03 pm

What is the ransom of the CD/DVD/BluRay (s) of all the AtomX photos and videos for us country mice who could not make it to the Big City to attend?

Jacob :-)