Post by Track Monster » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:06 pm

Atom Ten

Alec

Re: Atom X - Discussion thread

Post by Alec » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:04 am

[quote="Track Monster"]

It will be another 3 years before I get an Atom  :(

[/quote]

A member of the Forum for over 3 years before you make your first post and still another 3 years before you'll get an Atom.  :o

Now that's the sort of patience that Ariel relies on although I hope you've already got your order in to guarantee that delivery time.  ;)
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

Track Monster

Post by Track Monster » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:26 pm

Alec

I have done  alot of forum reading without participation but good point  ;D

Alec

Post by Alec » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:24 pm

[quote="Track Monster"]
Alec

I have done  alot of forum reading without participation but good point  ;D

[/quote]

I wasn't criticising anything, just amazed that you'd held off commenting for so long when you sound so enthusiastic about getting an Atom, so good luck for the future and joining the smiling band of happy Atom owners.  :tu:

You won't regret it.
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

FlyingTrotter

Post by FlyingTrotter » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:14 pm

what is the dress code - coming down from London in the Atom with my wife so not much room for a lot of kit - are people planning on pretty casual at Sat and Goodwood on Sunday - suspect thats the inevitable consequence of most people being in Atoms

Richard Marler
Administrator

Post by Richard Marler » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:37 am

The only dress code at all is for the Goodwood dinner and even then its only smart casual. As you say, can't expect people to pack posh frocks, so I am pretty relaxed on it.
Atom 3 300. Surrey, England.

ross

Post by ross » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:31 am

Hope everything goes to plan for you guys this weekend - have a great time!  Say hi to Tom and Simon for me and wish'em all the best.  Great to see Ariel still doing so well.

Cheers, Ross.

Steve050567

Post by Steve050567 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:17 pm

I saw somewhere a link to tom tom map or something for Sunday, but just can't find it know.

Can someone point me in the right direction.

Probably seems a bit lazy, but I really did try to find it, honest.

julian

Post by julian » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:33 pm

'I saw somewhere a link to tom tom map or something for Sunday, but just can't find it know.'

You are right, I think it said to contact the factory but I guess they will be extra busy. I was planning on getting the route on sat nav at breakfast on the Sunday.

Julian

Steve050567

Post by Steve050567 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:57 pm

[quote="julian"]
'I saw somewhere a link to tom tom map or something for Sunday, but just can't find it know.'

You are right, I think it said to contact the factory but I guess they will be extra busy. I was planning on getting the route on sat nav at breakfast on the Sunday.

Julian
[/quote]

Cheers.

Probably lucky really as I would have spent most of tonight and the early hours of tomorrow morning trying to load it anyway, and I have to be up at 5'ish for tomorrows festivities.

payne

Post by payne » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:15 pm

So I think I will be there Monday for the track day, fresh off of an airplane.  Is there anyone willing to let me bum a helmet and/or a ride?  While I am begging, anyone have a trailer or support vehicle where I can store my luggage?

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to meeting ya'll.

Cheers,
Jason

wisp

Post by wisp » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:11 pm

Each day there are between 30 to 40 people online to this site and I'm sure not all of them will be at the Atom X event over the next few days. I'm also certain that those that can not attend would still love to share in the event as it happens, rather than wait for posts and photos to surface days after it's all over.

With the modern technologies of internet access on your smart phone, face book mobile and twitter there is no reason why those that are unfortunate enough not to be able to attend can not be given the opportunity to share in your happiness.

Please, please, please give some thought to your Atom brothers that may be stuck down in the South Pacific, the US of A, Europe and other parts of the globe. Regular updates on here (in this Discussion thread or this thread on sharing the joy... http://forum.atomclub.com/https://atomc ... ic.php?t=3) and any of the social networking sites will be loved by many.

Have a safe and fantastic time and please remember to share the experience.

ATOM X

Post by ATOM X » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:45 pm

Richard
where the cost of the events covered
if not would you like a contribution

julian

Post by julian » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:08 am

Where can I view the 'official' photos and make a purchase if I like?

Regards

Julian

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:08 am

Talking of which, does anyone have a really good photo of the huge line of Atoms parked along the side of the road by Chesil Beach?

I don't really need a picture as that image is burned into my memory, but I'd love to share it with friends.
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London