Atom X - Discussion thread

Richard Marler
Administrator

Re: Atom X - Discussion thread

Post by Richard Marler » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:15 am

Can the guys that have not already done so, please make the final payment for the activities covered by the AAOC. Given the charges taken from paypal payments, our preference is for the payment to be made by bank transfer or cheque. The activities for which the AAOC are collecting payment are as follows:

£200 for the Goodwood Trackday
£35 per person for the Karting
£40 per person for the Goodwood Dinner

Any questions please shout.
Atom 3 300. Surrey, England.

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:18 pm

If anyone cancels there room at Goodwood can they please mention my name when doing so, they have me on 'standby' but would like to make double sure.

Many thanks

Ben

mark1

Post by mark1 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:52 pm

hiya people,

i will be heading down in the early hours of the saturday morning for the big event (dog sitting issues) but if there is a load of you meeting up at south mimms on friday lunch i've no doubt i will pop down for a quick hello.

hoos going to be meeting at mimms on the friday ?

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:36 pm

I wont be able to make it friday now...and have kids footie on Sat am so wont make it until after lunch i guess.
Atom 4, Mclaren 720s, Audi Rs4, VW ID3.....

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:43 pm

[quote="mark1"]
hiya people,

i will be heading down in the early hours of the saturday morning for the big event (dog sitting issues) but if there is a load of you meeting up at south mimms on friday lunch i've no doubt i will pop down for a quick hello.

[/quote]

I will be if anyone needs me to be to meet the convoy, otherwise not.  I think most people are heading down on the Saturday.

Good to hear of another owner local-ish, I work in Royston so not so far from Stevenage.

Ben

oxo

Post by oxo » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:26 pm

[quote="benyeats"]
[quote="mark1"]
hiya people,

[/quote]

I will be if anyone needs me to be to meet the convoy, otherwise not.  I think most people are heading down on the Saturday.

Good to hear of another owner local-ish, I work in Royston so not so far from Stevenage.

Ben
[/quote]

Ben, if you would like some company, I am traveling down on the Friday and I am flexible on time and location of meet, just let me know your final plans, if not I'll see you down there.

Martin

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:19 pm

I'll be heading for the factory on Saturday morning from near Salisbury if anyone is coming in from that way...
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

sportyking

Post by sportyking » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:34 pm

Bruce,

I will be heading through Salisbury on Sat morning.  I intend to leave London early on the back roads and pick up the A30 from Camberley.
It makes a change from the boring A303.  I will probably have breakfast in Salisbury, so I can give you a call then to see if we can meet up.

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:52 pm

[quote="sportyking"]
Bruce,

I will be heading through Salisbury on Sat morning.  I intend to leave London early on the back roads and pick up the A30 from Camberley.
It makes a change from the boring A303.  I will probably have breakfast in Salisbury, so I can give you a call then to see if we can meet up.
[/quote]

Perfect. Maybe I can persuade my ex-navy relative (with whom I'll be staying the night) to give you breakfast with us...
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

sportyking

Post by sportyking » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:05 pm

That would be great if it worked.  There is two of us, one Ex Navy and me still serving Her Majesty.  I got back from the Falklands last week.

Ged

Post by Ged » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:59 am

I'm travelling down from the Independent Republic of West Yorksshire (they tell you to say it up here) on Saturday, did it last Monday for it's 4,500 mile service so know if I set off at 05.30 I can get there for 10.00am.  I'll be stopping of at junction 25 M1 (Nottingham) to pick up my brother - so if anyone wants to meet let me know!  The route is the usual from there M42, M5 et al.

Cheers

Ged

PAUL245

Post by PAUL245 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:49 am

I will be arriving at the Lanes on the friday night around 8 or so , I look forward to meeting some of you in the bar!  :tu:

Paul

FlyingTrotter

Post by FlyingTrotter » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:05 pm

anyone driving down from London to Goodwood in a "normal" car ? 

I am doing the trip to the Factory on Friday and back to Goodwood on Sunday in the Atom with the wife so luggage capacity will be a bit of an issue - anyone able to take a bag to Goodwood full of the wife's shoes etc etc would be mightly popular !!

MonsieurX

Post by MonsieurX » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:14 pm

Please dont talk about normal cars!!! Im waiting to know if my blown bearing damaged the upright or not... I'd hate to come over in the Z3 Coupe... Though if it rains i might not be as unhappy :)  :P

mark1

Post by mark1 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:25 pm

[quote="FlyingTrotter"]
anyone driving down from London to Goodwood in a "normal" car ? 

I am doing the trip to the Factory on Friday and back to Goodwood on Sunday in the Atom with the wife so luggage capacity will be a bit of an issue - anyone able to take a bag to Goodwood full of the wife's shoes etc etc would be mightly popular !!
[/quote]

hiya,
i cant help you with that im afraid but if you have a large kit bag that can sit in the footwell then your good lady can lay her legs on it. my girlfriend assured me it was very comfortable when she did it for our trip around scotland. you may have considered and dismissed that idea but was just a thought.