Tyre supply

reg

Tyre supply

Post by reg » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:22 am

Has anyone bought a pair of rear R888's in 225/45/16 recently, struggling to find them. Also the replacement R888R, has anyone moved on to these?

Thanks.
'he was reet fast'

Osky

Re: Tyre supply

Post by Osky » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:30 am

Here in Italy I found a good supplier, but for you is (maybe) too much far.
The price of the tyres are very good:
- 225/45-16 is €165,00 (about £140) each.

If you want, I can give you the contact.

julian

Post by julian » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:05 pm

I recently purchased a set of tyres from Tyreleader. It all worked out in the end but the transaction wasn't straight forward. The delivery date was delayed and I ended up being away when they were delivered. I changed the delivery address on line to the garage where they were to be fitted. Fronts  went to the garage, rears to my home address but of course no one to sign for them, not the sort of item the neighbours want to have in their hallway for a week.

If I am correct there is no phone number to speak to anyone when things go wrong. I think the company and tyres were shipped from Germany.

Like I said, came right in the end but not straightforward. If I could of got them from the UK then that would of been the way.

Regards

Julian

reg

Post by reg » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:26 pm

Phil... :tu:

Hi Julian, I have the same issue. I have found a set of R888's but they're coming in at almost £350 for a rear pair, more concerning is they don't seem to know what compound so it's all less than ideal.

With that in mind I am sorely tempted to switch to V70A's, I loved them on my old Caterham and with the mileage I do I can justify supersoft fronts and medium rears. The 888's can go on the spare wheels for trackdays and messing about.

Looking for Kumhos hopefully will be slightly easier.
'he was reet fast'

Oli1122

Post by Oli1122 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:02 pm

[quote="reg"]
Looking for Kumhos hopefully will be slightly easier.
[/quote]

V70a  :tu:  http://www.camskill.co.uk/