Cat/Millbrook driver training 5th July 2009.

Other forms of gathering
John H

Re: Cat/Millbrook driver training 5th July 2009.

Post by John H » Thu May 28, 2009 6:22 am

[quote="CAT"]
they've got roofs so you'll probably not think so  :)

2 x 350z and 1 x Evo

Jo
[/quote]
if it is pissing it down, I'll have one too.................atoms are horrendous in the rain...........ask anyone who went to bedford with us last month.
Like dancing on ice, but without the jock strap

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Sat May 30, 2009 9:15 pm

I just returned from a day with CAT - and I cant praise them highly enough. Colin is absolutely brilliant, and showed both the technical knowledge and driving analysis to really help and make both of us better and faster. Thanks also to Jo for a very nice lunch !

You guys will have a great time - 150 mph round the banking is nerve racking !!

Trigger
Atom 4, Mclaren 720s, Audi Rs4, VW ID3.....

John H

Post by John H » Sun May 31, 2009 12:48 pm

[quote="Trigger"]
I just returned from a day with CAT - and I cant praise them highly enough. Colin is absolutely brilliant, and showed both the technical knowledge and driving analysis to really help and make both of us better and faster. Thanks also to Jo for a very nice lunch !

You guys will have a great time - 150 mph round the banking is nerve racking !!

Trigger
[/quote]
bloomin eck.............150 in an atom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Didn't know they went that fast

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:04 am

Its not the speed in itself - been nearly that fast at Goodwood - its the concentration and physical effort tbh - and also the fact a barrier is 2 ft to your right !! The best bit of the day was the chance to test suspension setting and see how it made the car oversteer dramatically or get nearer 4 wheel drift - but Colin did say its a very 'snappy' car and we are very brave to drive them !!
Atom 4, Mclaren 720s, Audi Rs4, VW ID3.....

AlanP

Post by AlanP » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:55 am

Us 'brave' chaps at Millbrook might be missing an unusually interesting Man's singles final at Wimbledon I have just realised!

A

Colin's comments to me about the car were all positive, praising the ride quality, performance etc. and suggesting that they would be great at the 'ring!
Beautiful 2000 XJR, last ever supercharged Atom, Fiesta Active, 'Verstappen' Honda e, Focus, Jaguar iPace, Volcano Yellow, MSO Black Pack 720S Spider.

John H

Post by John H » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:28 am

[quote="AlanP"]
Us 'brave' chaps at Millbrook might be missing an unusually interesting Man's singles final at Wimbledon I have just realised!

A

Colin's comments to me about the car were all positive, praising the ride quality, performance etc. and suggesting that they would be great at the 'ring!
[/quote]
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Those seats do nothing for my ring on long journeys though.
I don't think that the Atom is "snappy" at all to be honest.................... fairly predictable and also pretty easy to catch when the back end goes...............try doing it in an S2000......................if the back end goes on that, then it goes and that is it.
Looking forward to the day though, but I have no adjustable suspension to play with.
Poooooooooooooooooooooo

swissatom

Post by swissatom » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:53 am

As I can't make this date i have enquired about an additional date. If anybody else would like an alternate date I am looking at Wednesday the 16th July. This day is currently completely free so we could make it an all Atom event if there are a few people interested. Please PM me.

I have started a new thread for this new date so to avoid hijacking this thread please post replies to the new thread.

Thanks

Clive

John H

Post by John H » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:32 am

unless I can get me motor fixed between now and next weekend, my place will be up for grabs.
Going to try to fix it myself as the factory are too busy.
Anyone changed rod ends before?
That's the only bit that I haven't attempted previously and I dont know if I trust my spanner skills enough to do the repair and then do Millbrook.
Could go in the civic I suppose, but that would be pointless as the wrong wheels are the driven ones.

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:52 am

[quote="John H"]
unless I can get me motor fixed between now and next weekend, my place will be up for grabs.
Going to try to fix it myself as the factory are too busy.
Anyone changed rod ends before?
That's the only bit that I haven't attempted previously and I dont know if I trust my spanner skills enough to do the repair and then do Millbrook.
Could go in the civic I suppose, but that would be pointless as the wrong wheels are the driven ones.
[/quote]

Bod has... a number of times...
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:43 am

Gents

Scuse my ignorance but do people take out insurance for this particular day? I know it's an individuals choice, blah blah, but it seems that although it's mainly instruction/ tuition, you're still doing some big speeds near concrete walls, yes?

Mr Risk-Averse,
Lloyds
London

AlanP

Post by AlanP » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:54 pm

Hedge,

Extremely bloody safe as houses.

A

E&OE
Beautiful 2000 XJR, last ever supercharged Atom, Fiesta Active, 'Verstappen' Honda e, Focus, Jaguar iPace, Volcano Yellow, MSO Black Pack 720S Spider.

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:13 pm

[quote="AlanP"]
Hedge,
Extremely bloody safe as houses.
A
E&OE
[/quote]

When you're 2 feet away from a concrete wall doing 140 mph, d'ya mean? That safe?  ;D
Cheers, Hedge

AlanP

Post by AlanP » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:28 pm

Hedge,

I pooped at about 130mph. Not sure if it as much as 2ft either!

They told me that they have never had anyone crash iirc.

A

CAT

Post by CAT » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:12 pm

[quote="Hedge"]
Gents

Scuse my ignorance but do people take out insurance for this particular day? I know it's an individuals choice, blah blah, but it seems that although it's mainly instruction/ tuition, you're still doing some big speeds near concrete walls, yes?

Mr Risk-Averse,
Lloyds
London
[/quote]
Hi Hedge - we're back from our hols now so apologies for non CAT response to this question.  As you say yourself it is up to you - we work very closely with CCI who will provide insurance for our training days if you would like to get a quote.  You need to state that you will be on a CAT training day as this fact will reduce the quote by up to half they say. 

We have clients who do take it out for their peace of mind and others who haven't.  As Alan said we have never had an incident and don't intend to do so - our priority is you leave as you arrived. 

Jo

John H

Post by John H » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:58 pm

I will possibly be doing this in the Civic as the Atom is not a happy bunny at the mo..............pretty pointless really, but it does up the stakes a bit for the blast round in the crate at the end, because if I go faster than you lot in a rwd car when I have spent the whole day learning in a fwd one and you have all been in atoms, then it makes me a driving god........and if I come last, then I have the excuse of being unprepared due to having spent all day in a fwd.
Win Win eh??????????
I think it will be a bit of a waste of time to be honest in the civic, so if anyone wants to take my place, I'd be more than happy to rebook with Jo at Cat and do it in the car that I had originally intended to do it in.
I have also just stuck a brand new set of tyres on the civic before it goes back to the contract hire company, so I'd rather not destroy them at 180 quid a pop each.
Any takers????????????????????????