Caring with Cars - Childrens Hospice SW - 20th May 2012

Other forms of gathering
Michies

Caring with Cars - Childrens Hospice SW - 20th May 2012

Post by Michies » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:47 am

This event is taking place again this year to raise funds for the Childrens' Hospice South West, starting at 10am and involving up to 500 cars and bikes on display.

It was an excellent event last year with some fabulous cars present, including several Atoms, raising £5400 for the hospice.

This year there will be live music, raffle prizes suitable for enthusiasts, a sound-off competition and 3 expert talks including Mike Cooper and Lotus Renault F1.

The hospice is situated adjacent to The Downs School, near Wraxall Bristol.

I will be attending in my Atom. Is anyone else planning to attend? If so, perhaps we could arrange to meet and park up together.

If you are interested, further information can be found on;

http://www.caringwithcars.com/

Thanks

Adam

Kezzie

Re: Caring with Cars - Childrens Hospice SW - 20th May 2012

Post by Kezzie » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:22 pm

Hi Michies,

It was a great day last year apart from the weather in the morning, got a bit damp :-[
I even got invited to the special photo day which was arranged afterwards due to the poor weather.
I'm signed up again for this year too and see that L33HAW is also down to go again.
I managed to blag a nice spot in front of the main house last year and will see if I can manage to do the same again.

Adrian

wattie

Post by wattie » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:25 pm

Well done fellas, great cause,  :tu:
Cheers Wattie

russty_james

Post by russty_james » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:28 pm

I have my name down on Pistonheads, looked a good event last year so thought I would give it a go! happy to meet beforehand, where is everyone coming from?

l33haw

Post by l33haw » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:53 am

Yep I'll be there. Good cause and a nice morning strolling round looking at some epic cars.

I'm coming from Gloucestershire, probably in convoy with a Lotus or two.

Michies

Post by Michies » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:20 am

I live only 10 minutes away from the event so can either meet up there at a given time or a location close by so that we can do the last stretch together. Once we know who is coming and from what directions, I will give some thought to a suitable rendezvous point - preferably one that serves a nice brew!

Kezzie

Post by Kezzie » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:10 am

I'll be coming from Trowbridge so heading through your lovely country lanes Michies :-
As this is route is also my daily commute (office in Nailsea) I'm not too enamoured with them but at least I know the racing lines already >:D
Anyway I'm happy to meet up anywhere really

l33haw

Post by l33haw » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:24 am

I recomend getting there early so you don't get dumped in one the bottom fields.

Michies

Post by Michies » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:22 pm

[quote="Kezzie"]
I'll be coming from Trowbridge so heading through your lovely country lanes Michies :-
As this is route is also my daily commute (office in Nailsea) I'm not too enamoured with them but at least I know the racing lines already >:D
[/quote]

Small world; I work in Portbury most days but frequently have to go to our factory in Trowbridge. I occasionally use the Atom for these trips, especially if the weather looks good for the day. May see you on the commute!

Kezzie

Post by Kezzie » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:32 pm

[quote="Michies"]
[quote="Kezzie"]
[/quote]

Small world; I work in Portbury most days but frequently have to go to our factory in Trowbridge. I occasionally use the Atom for these trips, especially if the weather looks good for the day. May see you on the commute!
[/quote]

I didn't think there were any factories left in Trowbridge :H:

Only other time I've seen an Atom in Trowbridge was the one that a certain pro snooker player once owned a few years ago.

I doubt very much that my Atom will be getting used on the daily commute due to the fact that there isn't any secure parking at the office plus I doubt I'd get much work done between all the passenger rides I'd have to go on :vroom:

Michies

Post by Michies » Sat May 19, 2012 3:47 pm

I am still going to this event tomorrow but unfortunately will have to leave about 1pm as I need to travel up to Norwich in the afternoon with my elderly father ready for a funeral early Monday morning.

I am meeting up with a friend at my house in Winford about 9.30 then heading up to the hospice after a quick brew. If anyone else is heading this way and wants to rendezvous you are absolutely welcome. PM me and I will send you address etc.

Otherwise see you up there about 10am.