Wishes 4 Kids charity day

Other forms of gathering
wisp

Wishes 4 Kids charity day

Post by wisp » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:01 am

Some of you may have seen a request for an Atom(s) to participate in this charity event on the Pistonheads forum.

I suggested to the poster, Lee Champion, that a post on AAOC forum might be a better idea, so I'm copying the PH content to here for anyone that may be interested.

----Quote-----
I have a request for an Atom to help out on a Donnington Park day for the Wishes4Kids charity. Your very own John Lloyd did it last year, and hopefully again this year, but the organiser Russell would like one more Atom as the kids loved Johns. Friday 30th July, using the HUGE car parks and part of the old disued circuit. Perfectly smooth, no chance of stonechips ect. Format is you have your own loading bay and loaders, who strap the kids in. You then have an approximately 1 minute "sprint" type circuit to play on and give the kiddies some fun. The kids are either terminally ill, very disadvantaged or their siblings. It is a very rewarding if emotional day at times, everybody generally does it again after being invited.

Here is a little BBC news clip from 2 years ago, me in the Red R1 Phoenix:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=http://news.b...

If anyone could help out (please do not volunteer if you cannot do it, the organisers go to a lot of effort to print photos ect. beforehand of your car so the kids can choose which to ride in, messes things up when you get no-shows...) please e-mail russell@wishes4kids.co.uk and volunteer. It is a VERY rewarding day, lots of other things go on and you will be fed and watered!

Many Thanks, Lee.

----End Quote----

These events are very worthwhile and rewarding. I do similar events in NZ. Hopefully some UK members can help with this event.
Last edited by wisp on Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hedge

Re: Wishes 4 Kids charity day

Post by Hedge » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:30 am

I've contacted Russell; I'm doing this.
Cheers, Hedge

Ged

Post by Ged » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:41 am

Hedge,

I've also offered to help but I am in Newcastle that morning and would have to travel down, so I asked Russell for the timings saying I would defer to another member should it be easier.

Ged

kaygee

Post by kaygee » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:36 pm

I have sent Russell an email.

do you know how many atoms they need???

cheer

Karl