NZ Play Day Events

Where driving is the aim of the game
KiwiXTR2

NZ Play Day Events

Post by KiwiXTR2 » Wed May 14, 2008 3:35 pm

OK this is to give you plenty of warning  ;)

There is going to be a PlayDay Week around the South Island tracks in early April next year. Should have the actual dates in a few days.

Priority is going to be given to current PlayDay clients and then they will be looking for extra like-minded enthusiasts.  There are of course still several PlayDays at Taupo this year to get on the priority list.

The basic plan is:
Sunday - Teretonga
Wednesday - Levels
Saturday - Ruapuna

Because Levels is the most limited on numbers there will be a few extra spaces at Teretonga and Ruapuna for some south island locals who don't want to do the whole week.

If anyone is interested I can post up the details once they come through.

apollyon25

NZ Play Day Events

Post by apollyon25 » Wed May 14, 2008 8:58 pm

Post them up anyway...
I dont know what my workload is in advance and I suspect neither does Wisp.
We'll have to play it by ear.

wisp

Re: NZ Play Day Events

Post by wisp » Wed May 14, 2008 11:14 pm

I've moved the Play Day posts here, into it's own topic, so that all future Play Day (http://www.playdayontrack.co.nz/) can be posted in one place for easy reference.

I see from the website that there are upcoming events at Taupo on Sunday 22nd June, Saturday 11th October and Monday 8th December.

KiwiXTR2

Post by KiwiXTR2 » Thu May 15, 2008 12:05 pm

Thanks dude.  ;D  Just a little confused as to where the thread went  :laugh:

Not sure about 22 June as it's the same day as the Tar Hill Hillclimb and I can't do both.  I won my class at Tar Hill last year so probably need to defend that. :)

wisp

Post by wisp » Thu May 15, 2008 12:57 pm

No problemo.

Where is Tar Hill?

KiwiXTR2

Post by KiwiXTR2 » Fri May 16, 2008 2:38 am

[quote="wisp"]
No problemo.

Where is Tar Hill?
[/quote]
Tar Hill is a 3 lane wide piece of diverted SH1 that runs through the forestry area about 10 km south of Tokoroa.  Apart from the narrow bit at the bottom where you start off it must be the widest hill climb in the country.  ;D

It's run by TMMC but there is no video of it on YouTube  :-[