Where driving is the aim of the game
Bruce Fielding

Any Scotii doing this?

Post by Bruce Fielding » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:50 pm

Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

4RTR

Re: Any Scotii doing this?

Post by 4RTR » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:49 pm

All my local and well worn roads (well, relatively local). Probably fun but can be done at a fraction of the price anytime, and now with Andy G suitably equiped a few runs around those roads should be even more exciting. Why do you ask Bruce? Are you thinking of coming up to the People's Republic again?  If so I'll happily spend a couple of days hooming around what are possibly the best roads in the country with you (and maybe Andy G can be persuaded to join in?). If you were coming up for that trip, there is a two day sprint at Kaimes (10 minutes away from home) the weekend before. Better off waiting for the spring and better weather though, and doing a day track day at Knockhill while you were here.

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:04 pm

Too bleeding cold for me!

I hear there was snow at Silverstone today - we had a nice mild day with loads of blue sky in London - but we pay more council tax...
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

4RTR

Post by 4RTR » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:33 am

Warm & sunny at Silverstone on Saturday - had a great day although was outclassed by a number of race cars and things with downforce. Snow on the ground up here for the last 2 days so not ideal for the Atom. But as you know the spring here can be dry and of course the roads are better than anywhere else I know, and very empty once you get up past Oban.

AndyG

Post by AndyG » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:39 am

Up for a Scottish Atom outing anytime.

The weekend that this is on I'll be on track at Knockhill for the SIDC day - that means its going to be wet  ;D

Tried to go to Arran at the weekend and got soaked, and the ferry was full as there are no sailings on the Friday (storm bound), and i was there at 9am Saturday morning. :'(    Got soaked heading back home, but got out in the afternoon for a quick blast. ;D

Arran is like a giant go kart track though, normally lightly trafficed and the scenery is awesome - will definately be getting the Atom across when time allows  ;D

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:26 am

[quote="AndyG"]
Up for a Scottish Atom outing anytime.

The weekend that this is on I'll be on track at Knockhill for the SIDC day - that means its going to be wet  ;D

Tried to go to Arran at the weekend and got soaked, and the ferry was full as there are no sailings on the Friday (storm bound), and i was there at 9am Saturday morning. :'(    Got soaked heading back home, but got out in the afternoon for a quick blast. ;D

Arran is like a giant go kart track though, normally lightly trafficed and the scenery is awesome - will definately be getting the Atom across when time allows  ;D
[/quote]

I'd be up for this sometime Andy. Let me know. I'm sure JohnH would be, too, knowing him....

Cheers, Hedge

4RTR

Post by 4RTR » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:02 pm

I am always up for a road trip. Arran sounds as good as anywhere, although heading up the west coast past Oban is hard to beat - superb roads and no traffic. If Hedge & JohnH are up for it that would be a 4 car Jock molecule, Cool.

John H

Post by John H » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:56 pm

[quote="4RTR"]
I am always up for a road trip. Arran sounds as good as anywhere, although heading up the west coast past Oban is hard to beat - superb roads and no traffic. If Hedge & JohnH are up for it that would be a 4 car Jock molecule, Cool.
[/quote]
defo up for it when u are ready....can go an visit ma mammy too. It always rains in Arran though and there are more sheep than cars on the road............would be a blast though.....that pub on the north west tip has over 800 types of whiskies (Hedge). I did Arran in 2006 in an S2000 and it was great fun.

Alec

Post by Alec » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:21 pm

Didn't anyone notice that the Tartanhoon was a year ago anyway?  ::)
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)