Anyone fancy a hoon tomorrow (Sat 18th Aug)

Where driving is the aim of the game
DFext37 Fielding

Re: Anyone fancy a hoon tomorrow (Sat 18th Aug)

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:20 am

[quote="Stephanie Plum"]
John Lloyd however didn't wimp..........

Virtually every post on seloc so far about the run recommends him being awarded a medal.  His street cred in the Lotus world just rocketed 8)
[/quote]

John hasn't got street cred, he has got Balls of Steel, he will do anything...

mobilerobbie

Post by mobilerobbie » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:14 pm

Yoh Bruce, John and 4RTR:

We want to come opver the 15th with 4 Lotus Elises....

Is there some way we can get the price of 90 pound per car?

What do I need to do for that or is that price only for Atom drivers?

Rob

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:47 pm

[quote="mobilerobbie"]
Yoh Bruce, John and 4RTR:

We want to come opver the 15th with 4 Lotus Elises....

Is there some way we can get the price of 90 pound per car?

What do I need to do for that or is that price only for Atom drivers?

Rob
[/quote]

15th of what month?

This may be a better forum for you

http://forums.seloc.org/index.php

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:09 am

[quote="4RTR"]
I have got my track days confused - I am there on the bike on 10th Sept before heading up to the Highlands with a small gang of biker types for a couple of days (I will be in the Atom). However I am also there on Saturday 15th Sept for a car day - from 9am to 1pm and run by the SIDC (Scottish Subaru Imprezza Club or something), OPEN PIT for £90. They don't have enough members so the Scottish Elise people make up 75% of the cars on track, and everyone is very well behaved. If you are thinking about a Highlands blast afterwards I would be well up for it, and we might even persuade Alec to come as he & I have been hatching a plan to do something similar for a while now. Andy G might have even taken delivery by then too, and he would be keen I suspect. Maybe mobilerobbie might join in ?
Accommodation no problem here en route to Knockhill. Only problem is whether there are any places left on the trackday. I will find out.

[/quote]

September, John
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

AtomFun

Post by AtomFun » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:11 am

Just back from your club or insomnia?

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:18 am

Writing the bloody Chairman's speech for tomorrow. Woke up and started thinking about it... thought I might as well get some more words down, then go back to sleep.

bodnet

Post by bodnet » Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:22 pm

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
Writing the bloody Chairman's speech for tomorrow. Woke up and started thinking about it... thought I might as well get some more words down, then go back to sleep.
[/quote]

Don't forget to take it with you!!

;D
05 Red 160 in Bristol, UK
MG ZT-T V8, Smart ForTwo...
Oh yeah and the day job involves 2x 2250bhp V16 quad-turbo MTU diesels! :)

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:41 am

[quote="Bod :)"]
[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
[/quote]

Don't forget to take it with you!!

;D
[/quote]

Bastard!

This is what I wrote. I think I remembered most of it...

First of all, welcome to the 2007 AAOC AGM. Iâ??m delighted that you could make it and itâ??s lovely to see people from all over the UK here today. I hope you all had a great morning, and look forward to going even quicker this afternoon.

Rightâ?¦ down to business

So, 2006.

The most important change to the club for me personally since the last AGM was the addition of a full committee to take care of all the aspects of the running of the club that I used to do all on my own. As the club has grown so the business of the club in terms of membership (statement from membership sec. Andy Smith to come later), the internet (about which weâ??ll hear from Piers shortly), the social side (John Lloydâ??s report ) and even motorsport (Thank you Bod!) have all been taken care of by others. Leaving me much more free time to upset people on the forum! Actually, it hasnâ??t been easy to hand over the reins but Iâ??ve managed not to interfere and hopefully a dictatorship has matured into a democracy with the minimum of fuss â?? no hangings recorded on mobile phones required at the AAOC, thank you!

Iâ??d like to personally and publicly thank all the committee members for making the club better, stronger, and healthier. With your help, we can grow into something very special.

What else has changed in the 12 months to February 2007? Well, there are a lot more members in America for one thing. And with a bit of luck, weâ??ll soon be welcoming members from China, too. I hope we treat them all with the same irreverent respect that we have for each other in the UK. I know that sometimes the Americans find our sense of humour challenging, but the Britishness of the Atom is one of the things about it that appeals not just to us here, but globally. The Club (and by definition its internet presence) must remain as quirky, eccentric and strong as the country of origin of its progenitor. The club is growing but the ethos at its core, and the spirit of fun and individuality will never be lost, Iâ??m sure you all agree.

The next year

Weâ??re well into the 2007/2008 year with lots already done, and a couple more dates planned before the year comes to an end. Iâ??ll leave JL to detail that.

With the latest iteration of the Atom about to make its public debut, I imagine that there will be a resurgence of interest in the Atom, and Iâ??m sure that with even faster competition like the Caparo and other slightly more affordable cars on the horizon for next yearâ??s Autocar tests, Simon wonâ??t be standing still on the performance front either. So we can expect more and varied cars and a more and varied membership. We need to be able to measure our pride and joy in the Atom with an inclusive approach to all the other Atoms out there. From stock Atom1s to carbon fibre bodied man-bling Atom2s and beyond.

And what of the future?

Well, the penetration of the Atom has really only scratched the surface in so many other territories. The potential for the car and the club is huge. Our focus has to be on ensuring that the single most enlightened and enlightening source globally is the Ariel Atom Ownerâ??s Club. The French already have their own Forum (well, theyâ??re French, That what French people do), but it would be great to encourage others around the world to treat the AAOC and its web presence as their own.

Inclusion of peoples. Inclusion of vehicles. To my mind, that has to be the key to a successful future for the Club. And I am sure that emotionally, technically, and spiritually, weâ??re all up to the task.

Thank you.
Last edited by Bruce Fielding on Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

mobilerobbie

Post by mobilerobbie » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:38 pm

Joho 4RTR Thanks for giving me a pax ride on Saturday.
Couldn't drive my Lotus since I had problems with my toelinks and it didn't feel safe enough to trash it on the track.

Was great to meet you, thanks again.

BTW: we made it home safely after driving over 2100 miles in beautiful Scotland!

Rob