Anyone fancy a hoon tomorrow (Sat 18th Aug)

Where driving is the aim of the game
Bruce Fielding

Anyone fancy a hoon tomorrow (Sat 18th Aug)

Post by Bruce Fielding » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:53 pm

The weather is uncertain, but I fancy a trip out...

Any suggestions?
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

John Lloyd

Re: Anyone fancy a hoon tomorrow (Sat 18th Aug)

Post by John Lloyd » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:47 pm

0730hrs Sunday 19th Ockham Common car park Lotus run.  (J10 M25 southbound onto the A3 just on the slip road before you actually get onto the A3.)  I'll be there.  18th no can do.

4RTR

Post by 4RTR » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:21 pm

Lock Lomond, A82. Glen Coe, Oban for lunch. Inverrary for tea, home again for supper. Oh sorry, thatâ??ll just be me then. You southerners can have the A3, traffic & police.

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:26 pm

Oban for lunch? Where? There's nowhere decent to eat in Oban (OK, the chippie on the junction's OK). You could drive another few miles and have a fab meal at Eriska, though...

Tea in Inverrary, I can appreciate.

It is tempting...

4RTR

Post by 4RTR » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:06 pm

Tie it in with a track day at Knockhill on the 10th september (£90 open pit for 4 hours) followed by a couple of days hooning about the Highlands (err, I mean driving responsibly). That is the plan at the moment, but it might change with the weather - if it is too hot & sunny we might just stay at home....... aye, right Pal, as they say around these parts.

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:01 pm

[quote="John Lloyd"]
0730hrs Sunday 19th Ockham Common car park Lotus run.  (J10 M25 southbound onto the A3 just on the slip road before you actually get onto the A3.)  I'll be there.  18th no can do.
[/quote]

Weather permitting, I shall do this, too. But I also want to do the Woodman at Ide Hill the same day... Will this be possible? I don't know what route the Seloc Summer run takes - I'll mail Jo...

mobilerobbie

Post by mobilerobbie » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:45 pm

Bruce: if you go to Knockhill, we'll meet again, since my Lotusfriends and myself will be there with our Elises.....
I might take the Atom, weather permitting....

4RTR

Post by 4RTR » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:36 pm

Another Atom at Knockhill !! 

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:01 pm

[quote="4RTR"]
Tie it in with a track day at Knockhill on the 10th september (£90 open pit for 4 hours) followed by a couple of days hooning about the Highlands (err, I mean driving responsibly). That is the plan at the moment, but it might change with the weather - if it is too hot & sunny we might just stay at home....... aye, right Pal, as they say around these parts.
[/quote]

Actually, I might see if I can get a pink slip for this... Are you serious?

4RTR

Post by 4RTR » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:01 pm

I have got my track days confused - I am there on the bike on 10th Sept before heading up to the Highlands with a small gang of biker types for a couple of days (I will be in the Atom). However I am also there on Saturday 15th Sept for a car day - from 9am to 1pm and run by the SIDC (Scottish Subaru Imprezza Club or something), OPEN PIT for £90. They don't have enough members so the Scottish Elise people make up 75% of the cars on track, and everyone is very well behaved. If you are thinking about a Highlands blast afterwards I would be well up for it, and we might even persuade Alec to come as he & I have been hatching a plan to do something similar for a while now. Andy G might have even taken delivery by then too, and he would be keen I suspect. Maybe mobilerobbie might join in ?
Accommodation no problem here en route to Knockhill. Only problem is whether there are any places left on the trackday. I will find out.

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:03 pm

Too close to Anniversary then... Ah well... Bad planning - should have popped this in the diary 24 years ago...

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:22 am

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
[quote="John Lloyd"]
[/quote]

Weather permitting, I shall do this, too. But I also want to do the Woodman at Ide Hill the same day... Will this be possible? I don't know what route the Seloc Summer run takes - I'll mail Jo...
[/quote]

It didn't.

I wimped.

Stephanie Plum

Post by Stephanie Plum » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:57 pm

John Lloyd however didn't wimp..........

Virtually every post on seloc so far about the run recommends him being awarded a medal.  His street cred in the Lotus world just rocketed 8)

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:08 pm

[quote="Stephanie Plum"]
John Lloyd however didn't wimp..........

Virtually every post on seloc so far about the run recommends him being awarded a medal.  His street cred in the Lotus world just rocketed 8)
[/quote]

But the BBQ at home after was a bugger in the rain  :D  ;D  >:(

At least we ate in doors!

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:12 pm

Well done, John.

You're a braver man than I

If you're replacing wet weather kit, I suggest BMW this time - and you can pick up some of that flash yank waterproof kit in O K L A H O M A... Oklahoma...

Sorry, for a straight guy I know a LOT of show tunes...