Welsh Weekend - 10th to 14th September 2020

Where driving is the aim of the game
Karl V

Welsh Weekend - 10th to 14th September 2020

Post by Karl V » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:56 pm

After 2 abandoned attempts over the past 12 months, we're giving it another shot!

High level plan is:
  • Thur 10 - Travel to and through Brecon
  • Fri 11 - Travel through Brecon to Snowdonia
  • Sat 12 and Sun 13 - tours of North Wales
  • Mon 14 - head home
It's all very fluid at the moment while we figure out routes, accommodation and COVID related stuff, but if you're interested in joining, let myself or [mention]IanG[/mention] know and you'll be invited to the silliness.

Sir Nick

Re: Welsh Weekend - 10th to 14th September 2020

Post by Sir Nick » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:57 pm

I'm in! Same hotel?
Atom 3.5R, Black+Red flashes, CF front & rear wings, CF bonnet & mud guards.  Bristol

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:06 pm

I think Ian is looking for a cave somewhere in the mountains for us. Room service included though...

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:40 pm

Just want to give a quick bump on this...

As you can imagine, there are no 5 star skyscraper hotels in Snowdonia and apparently hotels rooms are booking quickly.
Ideally, it would be good to see if we could lock in a block of rooms so that we are all together (no deposit, generous cancellation terms).

We'll be looking to do so in the next few days, as well as finalising the route details over the coming weeks.

If anyone is genuinely interested and wants in on the WhatsApp group while we pick hotels and routes, please PM myself or [mention]IanG[/mention] as soon as.

Cheers!

Sir Nick

Post by Sir Nick » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:09 pm

The original hotel is taking the piss!!
Atom 3.5R, Black+Red flashes, CF front & rear wings, CF bonnet & mud guards.  Bristol

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:12 pm

Yeah. They have a pool and sauna and whatnot. Must cost them a fortune to keep it COVID free.

A bar will do me...

dunny

Post by dunny » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:53 am

Hi all,
I just wanted to thank all the folk in the recently closed “Asylum chat” on WhatsApp.The mostly bonkers chat was a much needed laugh in difficult times.Enjoy the Wales trip and I will be involved a bit more when this bloody awful pandemic is sorted out.
Cheers,
Andrew D.

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:05 am

Quick and final bump on this.

Hotels are being booked as we speak (no deposit, free cancellation until 3 days before) but are now down to the last few rooms.

If you are interested, PM myself or [mention]IanG[/mention] to join the WhatsApp group for details.

:checkeredflag:

A7DUO

Post by A7DUO » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:55 pm

Is this still going ahead? - I keep my Nomad just outside Brecon now and it will be nice to join in for at least one day while my brother is visiting this weekend and the weather looks good. regards Matt
image.png
image.png (2.41 MiB) Viewed 2182 times

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:24 pm

Yes Matt, sorry for the silence on here - discussion took a sharp left turn onto WhatsApp. Best place for the shite we've been sprouting IMO.

We are locked and loaded!

10 people. 7 cars. 4 days. 3 nations. 2 hotels. 1 return ferry trip. And a dragon stuffed in a winch... If anyone asks about the 5 gold rings, just deny all knowledge.

image.png
image.png (853.75 KiB) Viewed 2176 times

Rough plan hasn't changed:

Thur 10 - Travel through Brecon from M48
Fri 11 - Travel through Brecon to Snowdonia
Sat 12 and Sun 13 - tours of North Wales
Mon 14 - head home

[mention]JoePembs[/mention] - are we passing your way?
[mention]Antong[/mention] - you still away this coming weekend?

[mention]IanG[/mention] is the trip co-ordinator on this one - I am just the 'updater' (and have not been doing a very good job by all accounts, sorry Ian).

Antong

Post by Antong » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:11 am

Hi guys,

Alas holiday cancelled for me but now potential house move means most time committed to snagging! Uggggghhhh
Nothing stickier than a tree

robfitz

Post by robfitz » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:50 am

Do you guys do this every year?
GR Yaris CP for when it rains, Atom 4 for when it doesn’t.

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:02 am

[mention]Antong[/mention] - I was talking to Henry at Ariel yesterday about possibly organising a Nomad tour of Wales at some point. 2 or 3 days bouncing from track to track, maybe in a North to South direction. Hopefully we can get something arranged and catch up again at some point.

[mention]robfitz[/mention] - there do tend to be tours and mini tours most years. There's normally someone somewhere who wants to go out for a hoon ;-)

A7DUO

Post by A7DUO » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:17 pm

Sounds good Karl - I am in Brecon tonite with the Nomad too - but haven't worked out where you are all staying but I'll have a hunt around for you in the morning on the off-chance or you can also find me on Whatsapp. If not no worries I'm sure you'll all be here again and by then I will hopefully have been able to join your Whatsapp for more info. regards Matt
Karl V wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:24 pm Yes Matt, sorry for the silence on here - discussion took a sharp left turn onto WhatsApp. Best place for the shite we've been sprouting IMO.

We are locked and loaded!

10 people. 7 cars. 4 days. 3 nations. 2 hotels. 1 return ferry trip. And a dragon stuffed in a winch... If anyone asks about the 5 gold rings, just deny all knowledge.

image.png

Rough plan hasn't changed:

Thur 10 - Travel through Brecon from M48
Fri 11 - Travel through Brecon to Snowdonia
Sat 12 and Sun 13 - tours of North Wales
Mon 14 - head home

@JoePembs - are we passing your way?
@Antong - you still away this coming weekend?

@IanG is the trip co-ordinator on this one - I am just the 'updater' (and have not been doing a very good job by all accounts, sorry Ian).

JoePembs

Post by JoePembs » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:05 pm

sorry [mention]Karl V[/mention] in the end i collected the car Tuesday and was in work over the dates. Will keep my eyes peeled for the next one and future events. Thanks for thinking of me.