Mini Hoon to BALA (SAT 27th May)

Where driving is the aim of the game
g8kam

Mini Hoon to BALA (SAT 27th May)

Post by g8kam » Sat May 13, 2006 10:14 pm

Myself and Simon have decided to go to Bala for a nice drive(weather permitting of course)

Anybody else interested? A convoy of Atoms would be pretty spectacular :tu:

Mitch Millett

Re: Mini Hoon to BALA (SAT 27th May)

Post by Mitch Millett » Sat May 13, 2006 11:23 pm

There are rather a few Balas Kin. Are you headed to Wales, Turkey, Senegal, Congo, Canada, USA, Greece or Russia??

David Ryan

Post by David Ryan » Sun May 14, 2006 5:44 am

You will have a lovely run out there. Real Atom country.

I would love to join you. Saturdays are difficult for me as we are usually busy at the ranges but I will see if I can skive off.

The roads will probably be full of tourists at the weekend and there will probably be some police about looking for bikers!

Meeting place and time ????

David.

g8kam

Post by g8kam » Sun May 14, 2006 7:39 am

Meeting place & time? M56 mtorway service at J14 9am?

Tourists might be a problem, but its not school holiday and 9am in the morning, we should be OK!
Regarding the police, my licence is clean, I could afford 3 pts  ;D. Only kidding!!!

We will be driving at sensible speed, in fact once we hit the built up area I will stick to the speed limit :angel:. If my memory served me correctly, the A road into Bala are quite tight and twisty and scenic as well. I hope u could come along, we could have a little competition "who's got the loudest exhaust" ;D

SumFun

Post by SumFun » Sun May 14, 2006 8:27 pm

I went to Betwys-Y-Coed a couple of weekends ago and the Police were quite evident in places. Going west out of LLangollen the mobile speed trap was less evident than is strictly fair. Black van, minimal markings, shy camera barely poking through the window, round a corner ........etc

g8kam

Post by g8kam » Sun May 14, 2006 8:59 pm

[quote="Simon"]
I went to Betwys-Y-Coed a couple of weekends ago and the Police were quite evident in places. Going west out of LLangollen the mobile speed trap was less evident than is strictly fair. Black van, minimal markings, shy camera barely poking through the window, round a corner ........etc
[/quote]...thats why my speed will be sensible.

Having said that, I used to go to LLangollen and Shrewsbury every Wednesday for the last 7 yrs and honestly only came across those van may be a couple of times.

David Ryan

Post by David Ryan » Mon May 15, 2006 5:45 am

I go up that way for a drive quite often but always during the week.

I think the police save their efforts for the Weekend warriors and pesky tourists !

Hope I can skive off and meet you.

D.