Skye and the Highlands

Where driving is the aim of the game
fb.george

Skye and the Highlands

Post by fb.george » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:10 pm

Just thought I would detail a trip I am doing in May in case any of the Scottish or Northern Atoms might fancy tagging along. It's me and a 911 making the tour.

Wednesday 8th May - through the day, make our way to Arisaig on the West Coast.

Thursday 9th May - Arisaig, ferry to Skye, loop round the Isle, across the bridge through Kyle of Lockalsh, Plockton, round the corner to Applecross finishing in Lochcarron.
About 220 miles, 7 hours in the car

Friday 10th May - Lochcarron, Ullapool, Durness, Tongue, Lairgs, Aviemore
About 280 miles, 7 hrs

Saturday 11th May - early flirt back home to Cumbria.

Looks to be 1000 miles+ for me over 3 days on some of the best roads in the UK and I can't wait.

Anyone interested, drop me a note. Or those who know the roads and have any tips, please ping them over.

All the best ;D
Keep smiling!!

FlyingTrotter

Re: Skye and the Highlands

Post by FlyingTrotter » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:37 pm

We go up that way quite a bit - the mountain road from Applecross is absolutely amazing far better than the coast road  - would be awesome in an Atom - last time we were there it was 2 foot deep in snow but the view from the top out to Sky is stunning

fb.george

Post by fb.george » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:09 pm

Ian
Were you able to find Super Unleaded on Skye / The Highlands as my research is drawing a blank
If not, did you just run on 95 octane?
Thanks
Keep smiling!!

meladdo

Post by meladdo » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:06 pm

Thursday 9th May - Arisaig, ferry to Skye, loop round the Isle, across the bridge through Kyle of Lockalsh, Plockton, round the corner to Applecross finishing in Lochcarron.
About 220 miles, 7 hours in the car

One day......In an Atom :tu:

Done it oin a 4x4 4 up with luggage - still brought a  ;D to my face - using the tiptronic box on my Shogun - MPG went south though :roflp:
And made my lad a bit  :drool: (sick) althpough there may have been a bit of drool added....Got told off later that day. :'(

Hope you have fantastic weather :tu:

fb.george

Post by fb.george » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:13 pm

Cheers Meladdo
I can't wait - i used to work for the firm that built the Kylesku bridge and have always wanted to drive over it.
Hope it warms up though - was bloody freezing going home from Oulton Park last night despite heated everything!
Keep smiling!!

FlyingTrotter

Post by FlyingTrotter » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:28 am

No sign of Super but I was driving hire cars not the Atom - I have been as north as the top of the Cairgorms in a 911 a few years ago and I'm pretty sure I was on 95RON all the time in the north of Scotland above Glasgow

Northnoble

Post by Northnoble » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:50 pm

[quote="FlyingTrotter"]
No sign of Super but I was driving hire cars not the Atom - I have been as north as the top of the Cairgorms in a 911 a few years ago and I'm pretty sure I was on 95RON all the time in the north of Scotland above Glasgow
[/quote]

You can get she'll Vpower in Inverness...google shell Vpower locator, the site shows you all the garages

PartTimer

Post by PartTimer » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:09 pm

We've even got the electricity in the Highlands now you know!