Welsh Weekend 2013

Where driving is the aim of the game
toms

Welsh Weekend 2013

Post by toms » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:58 pm

Hi all

As everyone knows i'm sure we had a weekend in Wales last year which turned out to be a good event - even though I was struck down with the man flu and couldn't make it!

We'd like to do another one this summer around the same sort of time - what does everyone think?  We could combine it with a track day at either Pembrey or Llandow if people fancy that?

And those who went last time - did you like the route?  Would you change anything about the weekend?  Are there any roads/destinations you would like to see added?

All ideas/comments/suggestions welcome.

Discuss  :pop:

turbo911

Re: Welsh Weekend 2013

Post by turbo911 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:24 pm

Tom i,m up for this theres also anglsey up north wales and some stunning roads and scenery which might be worth a thought cheers...

Track Boy

Post by Track Boy » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:24 am

I would be up for this but agree that Anglesey is by far the best track and the roads a better up there, you can also hit the evo triangle.

Alex Brandon-Smith

Post by Alex Brandon-Smith » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:54 am

Depending on dates I'm up for this too mate...
310=325! That'll be the Presidential Remap kicking in... :vroom:

FlyingTrotter

Post by FlyingTrotter » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:20 am

Did the triangle last year en route back to London from a track day at Oulton Park - superb fun but i struck lucky with the weather - I'm sure you would have a great blast with welsh roads and a day at Anglesey or even Oulton - not done the other 2 tracks - are they any good

turbo911

Post by turbo911 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:35 pm

Tom met you at the show on friday i,m the guy changing the ecu ect we chatted a while if needed i would like to help out with some routes if needed, i have some knowledge of good routes up that way as there my favourite run out roads keep me posted if needed cheers daz.....

toms

Post by toms » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:02 pm

The only problem with heading further North is that this event is being organised pretty much by Ben - and he has no knowledge of the North (and lves in Pontypool).  It's also too much driving to go from South Wales and get that far up and back in a weekend......so we could do a separate North event - i'll speak to turbo911 about it.

For the meantime though - this thread is covering the South/Mid-Wales event based around a start at Pontypool, heading into the Brecon Beacons with an overnight stay on the Gower Peninsula.

Who fancies it?

turbo911

Post by turbo911 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:23 pm

mmmmm i,m up for it its lovely around there !!!!

toms

Post by toms » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:42 pm

:tu:

We will confirm a date shortly  :vroom:

deepdurks

Post by deepdurks » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:46 pm

Inga and I very much up for it Tom, dates required for diary clearance.

Regards Mark
3.5 300, MX5 and 16,000 tons of nuclear deterrent