Evo Triangle - North Wales: Saturday 25th August

Where driving is the aim of the game
Matt_E

Evo Triangle - North Wales: Saturday 25th August

Post by Matt_E » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:32 am

This is a bank holiday weekend, I'm back up north visiting family and it is most definitely going to be fantastic weather in sunny North Wales, we hope.

I plan to head up to the Horseshoe Pass, have a chip bap at the Ponderosa Cafe (the Ace Cafe of the north), poke around the nice bikes up there then head off to the Evo Triangle.

My brother will be coming along in his Elise, does anyone else fancy a trip out?

fb.george

Re: Evo Triangle - North Wales: Saturday 25th August

Post by fb.george » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:22 am

Matt
Want to do this, especially after I had a blast home last weekend through Wales (Llandrindod Wells, Newtown, Welshpool route) and it was fantastic.
Would it be on the Saturday itself. Roughly what time?
Should have some brownie points in with The Doris after the summer holiday so if I can make it I will
Cheers
Keep smiling!!

Matt_E

Post by Matt_E » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:08 am

Great Mark, we can be very flexible with this, nothing is a hard and fast rule.

If you are stopping over in the area, the Oulton Park Gold Cup is on this same weekend (Sunday and Monday), so you could make a nice couple of days out of it.  I might do this blast out on the Saturday then turn up at Oulton for the Sunday.

Monday is out for me because I'll need to get back to London.

Let me know what you think.

fb.george

Post by fb.george » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:47 am

Matt

a long story but got back from my jollies at the weekend to find my niece is getting married next weekend (invites been sent to the wrong place!!) so we are now spending the weekend with family back in Derbyshire and can't join you.

Bugger as wanted to do so but hope there will be a next time. May the sun shine on you for the weekend.....

Apologies and all the best

Mark
Keep smiling!!

Matt_E

Post by Matt_E » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:21 am

Thanks for letting me know Mark.  Hope you enjoy the celebrations with your family.

If anyone else fancies this, it is still on.

Matt

FlyingTrotter

Post by FlyingTrotter » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:08 pm

Did you do it in Aug?  if so what did you think of it in an Atom ?  I am currently toying with the idea of driving over there after a track day at Oulton Park at the end of Sept before the drive back to London. Maybe stop in a hotel Friday night after the track day and do a trip around some Welsh roads Saturday before heading south , stoping somewhere Sat night to break the trip up a bit rather than spend hours on the M6 etc

there doesnt seem to be a sensible weekend track day in the north that I can combine with Friday 28 Sept at Oulton so the Triangle has some appeal if the track day idea goes ahead (currentlywaiting on a mate from Glasgow to confirm he's coming down)

would welcome thoughts from those that have done it