Cholmondeley Pageant of Power – 15th, 16th, 17th July 2011

Where driving is the aim of the game
Alec

Cholmondeley Pageant of Power – 15th, 16th, 17th July 2011

Post by Alec » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:48 pm

The 2011 'Cholmondeley Pageant of Power' will be held from Friday 15th July to Sunday 17th July.

Although this is only going to be the fourth time they've held this it seems to be going from strength to strength and get good reviews.

Has anyone been?

Last year they also held a 'Liverpool Pageant of Power', which I tried to get my Atom running in, but unfortunately they had already filled all the places by the time I managed to contact the organisers. If they run it again they sounded quite interested in having my Atom taking part so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they do it again.
Last edited by Alec on Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

ross

Re: Cholmondeley Pageant of Power – 15th, 16th, 17th July 2011

Post by ross » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:52 am

Yep it's a great event, well worth going. If you buy you tickets online do a google for discount vouchers which Demon Tweeks make available most years.

Ariel ought to take the V8 for the 'hill' climb event.

Cheers, Ross

356speedster

Post by 356speedster » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:32 pm

I attended the first event and gave a load of passenger runs in the Atom, but couldn't make last yrs...... all being well, I'll be along giving passenger rides again this yr :)

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:56 pm

Do I need to point out that it's pronounced 'Chumley'?
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

toms

Post by toms » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:39 pm

A little bird tells me that Ariel might attending this with an Atom V8 to have an attempt at setting the course record............

The same bird also twittered that there will likely be another Atom taking part in the event and Ariel will likely have a presence/stand at the event all weekend.  Keep it out of the papers...................  ;) :tu:

It would be good to see as many owners at the event as possible - maybe we could have a 'Sundays Drivers' road trip on the way to the event on the Sunday?

Alec

Post by Alec » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:14 pm

[quote="Tom"]

It would be good to see as many owners at the event as possible - maybe we could have a 'Sundays Drivers' road trip on the way to the event on the Sunday?

[/quote]

AAOC were offered their own stand this year which is why I started this topic. Unfortunately I was the member they contacted due to having talked to them last year about running my Atom in the 'Liverpool Pageant of Power' and by the time I managed to forward the details to other Committee Members it must have been too late as no one replied. Of course it is north of the M25 so I doubt if many owners will turn up.  :-\
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

Matt_E

Post by Matt_E » Tue May 17, 2011 9:26 am

I would like to roll out my newly acquired 2 245 for this.  Do we have a club stand that will be easily accessible (one that doesn't involve a steep grassy hill climb after a heavy downpour)?

Alec

Post by Alec » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:01 pm

[quote="Matt_E"]
I would like to roll out my newly acquired 2 245 for this.  Do we have a club stand that will be easily accessible (one that doesn't involve a steep grassy hill climb after a heavy downpour)?
[/quote]

No club stand although we were invited to have one but a combination of events meant the information was late being passes on and I don't think the club could have managed to get enough volunteers to come so far north to make it viable. Have a look at Tom's post above though.

I could have been there with mine on the "Liverpool Motor Club" stand but luckily, due to various circumstances, I'm glad I didn't commit myself as I doubt I'd have made it now.

toms

Post by toms » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:39 pm

Well ladies and gents this is only just over a week away now and I can confirm that the Atom V8 will be racing for the win in this event, driven by Autocar Magazines Road Test Editor Matt Prior.

Ariel will be in the paddock all weekend so come along and say hello - and pray for good weather!!!

Drinks

Post by Drinks » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:35 pm

Sounds like a good day out, Libby And I have ordered tickets for the Sunday.
Last edited by Drinks on Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:27 pm

Got a mention on Top Gear at least...
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

Matt_E

Post by Matt_E » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:03 am

Heard it was pretty wet, glad I didn't make the journey north.  Did the v8 get a dry run?

ross

Post by ross » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:20 am

Saturday was okay, rain cleared by about 10.00am and apart from a very brief shower, it was pretty good the rest of the day.  Glad we didn't go on the Sunday though if the weather there was like it was in Knutsford.

The V8 looked great although Tom wasn't around when we were there, no idea what lap time it posted though.

Also good to see the BAC Mono in motion finally although it looks and sounds so much like a race car that you're left thinking you may as well have a race car.  I can't imagine it being very practical at all on the road as it's so low at the front.  Beautiful bit of kit though.

toms

Post by toms » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:59 am

Well I'm back from my mammoth European trip!!!

Cholmondeley was a really great event - shame about the weather though!!!

We arrived on Thursday night and had pretty good weather until Friday later on in the day - Matt had his practise run in the dry on friday then it rained before the first timed run!!!

It dried enough on Saturday for Matt to get a 66s run in (putting him second at the time) which was a great confidence booster for him - then it started raining again!!  The weather was truly horrendous on Sunday - god knows how you blokes up there put up with it!!  ;D  I'm sure Alec will be along in a minute to tell me about local micro-climates etc; unfortunately I don't believe a word of it......  ;D

So we had a mixed weekend really....

Better than the BAC Mono blokes though - the left rear suspension broke during one of the runs on Saturday  :o  They took it away and repaired it but didn't run it after that......Still, a little bird tells me that it's basically a Formula Renault with some different bits on so spares should be plentiful!!

Ross - sorry we missed you.  Would have been good to catch up - it's been far too long!!

ross

Post by ross » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:12 am

Glad you had a good time Tom, the car looked (and sounded) really great on track.  Nice to finally have a close look at it too - lovely.

Sorry I didn't catch you, I hung round for a bit, but with the kids it was a bit tricky staying in one spot for any length of time.

btw, do you know if the McLaren actually ran at all?  I saw it parked across from yours and the Mono, but I didn't see it run at all on Saturday.

Sunday did look bloody horrible.  Very lucky with Saturday i think!

Cheers, Ross.