Carfest North at Cholmondeley Castle - 7th-9th September 2012

Less driving, more natter. For when you just want to hookup.
toms

Carfest North at Cholmondeley Castle - 7th-9th September 2012

Post by toms » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:12 am

Car-Fest North is the dream of Chris Evans, a perfect family festival encompassing his love for cars, music and food: in fact fun for all the family, to be held at Cholmondeley Castle on the 7th-9th September 2012.
Full details of the event can be found at www.carfest.org

Tickets to the public were sold out within minutes of the event going on sale.

We have been invited as a club to attend Car- Fest there is both North & South - does anyone fancy it?

julian

Re: Carfest North at Cholmondeley Castle - 7th-9th September 2012

Post by julian » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:26 am

Hi Tom,

As you know, I tried to get the club involved in Carfest South but got zero response from the organisers. Is it just the Northern one you have been invited too? Is it 7 cars and to do what? A few members queried the cost also.

I am sure you will get enough volunteers.

Cheers.

Julian

julian

Post by julian » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:30 am

Tom,

Ignore part of my last post, should have read your next one regarding South!

Julian

toms

Post by toms » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:53 am

If we can have a list of those who are keen to attend then we can see what we can come up with?  The whole thing is a bit slap-dash but if there is interest i'm pretty sure I can get something sorted.....

toms

Post by toms » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:17 pm

Right here's more info (sorry if i'm going back over old ground!)

Broadly:

1.  We need 7 cars, we'll get 14 passes
2.  We pay £420 for the privilege (not sure if this includes VAT or not, it doesn't say)
3.  Cars must stay in all weekend and cannot be moved
4.  We can camp, but its £100 per tent
5.  We have room on our 'stand' for a 3x3m gazebo - if we have one.  If not we can hire one for £150 + VAT. 

Do we fancy it/can we get 7 cars?  To be honest it might be a good weekend away - i'm on holiday for the South one but will probably end up at the North one anyway so can always join in.

Or is it a dirty rotten stitch up  ;D :pop:

Rocket Man

Post by Rocket Man » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:21 pm

Sounds a good show but well over priced to attend. Most shows are free for driver and passenger. Without the cars then it is just a fest. It is the cars that make the shows so they should be free. Then you have to stay for 2 days and pay £100 to camp. I ran a local car show on behalf of the local authority and it is difficult to get people to commit to a two day show. I have been going to car shows of all kinds for 32 years now and love them but that is just robbery. It may be for some charity but what is'nt these days. I am sure it will be sucessfull with Chris Evans behind it and a good day out for all the family. I wish the club well with this venue but not for me.

toms

Post by toms » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:32 am

£160 doesn't seem like big money for a weekend away to me with cars, bands, mates etc.  I happily spend more that that on just a night out, or even just going out for a meal.

I'd really like to get something together for this one - the Northern club members always moan that nothing ever goes on Club-wise in their area and it's too far for them to come to Southern events.........

Time to stand up and be counted methinks?  ;D  :tu:

:pop:

meladdo

Post by meladdo » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:36 am

Hey Tom - reduce costs for the Northern lot and invest in this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Polaris-14-Men-Tent-Never-Been-Used-/230832540332?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_HikingCamping_Tents_JN&hash=item35beb10aac

I mean they did say £100 per tent....... :roflp:

I wonder if that would fly with the organisers.... ::) twould promote togetherness too, unless anyone sleepwalks...

IF I had a car and a camping back think it would be a giggle :tu:
Last edited by meladdo on Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rocket Man

Post by Rocket Man » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:21 pm

Love the tent Will nice idea.
It is a matter of principle not being tight, that is robbery. We provide the attraction than have to pay for the privilage of doing so. When i was 21 i entered my Lancia Zagato in a show, i was asked what was my travelling distance back and forth was as i would be able to claim petrol expenses if i wished to and no entrance fee.
There are not a lot of Atom events up north as said but plenty of other events going on. I have my car entered in 10 shows this year (non track) were i will promote Atom ownership. As a member of the Caterham Club also i am accepted there (something to do with the chassis builder). There is at least one member who has said he will be getting an Atom after seing the car at a local Caterham Club gathering. There is also events going on with the Piston Heads North West following and track days at both Oulton Park and Aintree near by so lots to do. My total expense for show entry this year is probably less than £20 and that is usualy just admin costs.
I am sure it will be a super show with lots to see but if the car clubs refused to pay the fee on principle what would Chris Evans do then? Let them in as it should be free or cancel the event.

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:59 pm

[quote="Rocket Man"]
...if the car clubs refused to pay the fee on principle what would Chris Evans do then? Let them in as it should be free or cancel the event.
[/quote]

Nah...

He'd just wheel out his collection. That would be enough for most of us...
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

Rocket Man

Post by Rocket Man » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:30 pm

What is this eagernes to pay to provide entertainment. I have my car booked in for the Cheshire Auto Promotions Classic Vintage and Sports Car show at Tatton Park in Knutsford August 18th and 19th. This is free to enter with two passes provided and a grand total of £10 if you wish to camp. Cracking weekend. This is a National Trust property with lots of grounds to see and a grand old house. Then there is the show itself. Upto 2000 exhibits, 90 club stands, 200 trade stands and lots of other things. A real family day out. This would make a cracking weekend out for any club and all for a tener a tent if camping. The beauty of this show is you do not have to park up for the weekend with your car not moving. Set in one of the most afluent areas of the UK, the beautifull Cheshire countryside. This show may not attract the multi million pound Ferraris and its no Goodwood but what the hell and only down the road from Chumly.

julian

Post by julian » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:38 pm

Tatton Park sounds great and reasonably priced. What top bands are playing for that price plus F1, Ferrari, etc, etc hill climb. Carfest is essentially a music festival with cars as a theme as opposed to just an exhibition.

It is a party with fun, booze and enjoyment in mind, not just turning up with your anorak, unless of course it's pissing down.

I hope to be attending the South event if we can get the numbers.

Julian

Rocket Man

Post by Rocket Man » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:05 pm

Price!!! Its free yes freeeeeeee no charge just a camping charge. No F1 but no charge also.

julian

Post by julian » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:46 pm

Chris Evans event is a festival with top bands to entertain etc, with the idea to raise money for Children in Need. Does it have to be free to make it enjoyable, please!

I hope you can get 7 cars up North to attend.

Julian

Matt_E

Post by Matt_E » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:28 am

1.  Tom
2.  Matt & Vicky