Carfest North at Cholmondeley Castle - 7th-9th September 2012

Less driving, more natter. For when you just want to hookup.
Rocket Man

Re: Carfest North at Cholmondeley Castle - 7th-9th September 2012

Post by Rocket Man » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:33 am

I have displayed cars since i was 18. I am now 50 and never had problems. The beauty with the Atom is, most do not have shiny bodywork as most seem to be gel coat finish so no panels to mark. I do feel they are more durable for such an event.

As we all understand track days are expencive but you get to go on the track and have a go

If there is any interest and northern members want a northern gathering then there are two good northern events that spring to mind for 2013. Tatton park show and Oulton Park Gold Cup meeting. If there is interest then i will contact these people to arange a club display for next year. Tatton park is a 2 day event (i had my car this year) that is free to enter but £10 to camp. Oulton is also a 2 day event with free entry for driver but about £20 for the pasanger, not sure about camping fee but both events cars can go after 4pm. Both really good venues

Ian300

Post by Ian300 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:37 pm

I know this migh be the last complication Tom may want to hear but for £100 (which is more than most B&Bs) I would expect the Tent to be provided & put up for me ;D ;D

I can't see anything in the 'rules' that say it has to be the same 7 cars each day, as they can be moved outside the 8am to 6pm window ?  - This also make sense to me as I can usually do a show in half a day and if i'm on a stand (usually for an AutoJumble) then again 1 day is enough - so would the club fill the 7 slots if some owners just did one day ?

Ian

toms

Post by toms » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:36 am

Right then all - Ariel are having a stand at this event so there will be a factory presence.  With that in mind i'll be tied up with work so won't be able to get involved in the club bit; i'll be driving a van up with a car in it so no way of getting mine there - plus i'll have to be on the Ariel stand.

Pippa has also just contacted me and they need to know ASAP whether the club wants a stand for between 5-7 cars.  So if you want to be involved, speak now or forever hold your peace!  We'll give in until after the weekend, then Monday i'll let her know whether it's a yes or a no.

1.  Matt and Vicky

meladdo

Post by meladdo » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:11 pm

Hey Tom I read on another car site they have changed the rules for this re cars can now leave the site after 6pm and return at 8 am and if camping not wanted thats ok? not sure if you know of the changes but it may well help with the costs for some ?

Just a thought....pity not to have an ATOM presence from the club......Great that the factory will be there though :tu:

Rocket Man

Post by Rocket Man » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:37 pm

Hi there Will.
I assume you are referring to the Caterham site as you are also a past owner like a few of us on here. I see they are also having problems filling the spaces due to the previous restrictions on cars not leaving and having to camp. As i assume you have also been on that site is it just me being stupid or is it they do not have to pay an entrance fee to the venue. There are about 8 pages of posts on the subject

toms

Post by toms » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:41 pm

I think this ones a bit of a dead duck anyway lads - just not enough interest.

Ill be there though!  :tu:

meladdo

Post by meladdo » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:58 am

Rocket Man wrote: Hi there Will.
I assume you are referring to the Caterham site as you are also a past owner like a few of us on here. I see they are also having problems filling the spaces due to the previous restrictions on cars not leaving and having to camp. As i assume you have also been on that site is it just me being stupid or is it they do not have to pay an entrance fee to the venue. There are about 8 pages of posts on the subject
Indeed Keith - had a quick glance at the thread and see the "cars cant be moved" rule has been relaxed so if your local no need for the ott camping costs, which is a bit of lateral thinking by the organizers imho.

from the thread:
Tickets:
Tickets are sold out. I have been told each of our 8 cars will be given two weekend passes per car.
I get the feeling this has been an evolving process for the organizers...?

I am sure they will have it pitched correct next year :tu:

gavstoke

Post by gavstoke » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:57 pm

just bought tickets for carfest north.
Tom.........would you be able to bring me a cat by-pass pipe up? let me know if you want me to pay for it up front or on the day, if you can bring one for me.......see you there

Gav