Change of Board Directorship

The place for all general, non-model specific, chat and any club announcements
Karl V

Change of Board Directorship

Post by Karl V » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:27 pm

As I have posted a few times over the past 6 months: what a crap year 2020 has been so far!

Following Alex’s post on 1st April announcing that Steve was stepping down from Club Directorship, it now falls on me to announce that following 4 years of positive change and growth, [mention]Alex Brandon-Smith[/mention] has himself decided to take a bit of time out from official Club duties.

Over the past 4 years, Alex has been the poster pin-up of what a Club President should be. His larger-than-life charismatic personality aside, Alex has worked tirelessly behind the scenes with Accountants, Auditors, Banks, HMRC, Companies House and Legal Services to ensure that the Club is trading squeaky clean and transparently in all our operations. All the stuff that we don’t see, but assume happens anyway when we part with £30 to get discounted labour rates at Ariel.

4 years ago, we were the Ariel Atom Owners Club, failing behind the curve of the Nomad and Ace. Now, as Ariel Club with a new identity, website, forum, Facebook presence and merchandise line, we have a solid foundation to continue our growth - most of which happened behind the scenes, thanks to Alex.

It goes without saying that his presence at future Ariel gatherings and events was a prerequisite of him stepping down, but we will certainly miss his everyday involvement in the running of the Club.

Thanks Alex for your drive and passion and for what you have achieved with the Club.

Best wishes and see you soon buddy!

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Re: Change of Board Directorship

Post by John Scherrer » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:56 pm

Well said, thanks Alex !
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

Sir Nick

Post by Sir Nick » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:18 am

I commend these sentiments - good job ABS!
Atom 3.5R, Black+Red flashes, CF front & rear wings, CF bonnet & mud guards.  Bristol

wasp

Post by wasp » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:06 am

That's a real shame, thanks for all of the work Alex. It's not always commented on but is appreciated.

Cheers,
Stu

Alex Brandon-Smith

Post by Alex Brandon-Smith » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:26 am

Thanks very much chaps, it'll be a big change for me but, quite simply, I have run out of time to be able to dedicate the energy which the club deserves.

I've had a great few years to be honest. Yes it's been hard work but I've not done it alone, between [mention]Steve Gibson[/mention] , [mention]phil4[/mention] , [mention]GraemeW[/mention] and [mention]Karl V[/mention] to mention a few, I've had support from a great bunch of people. There have been loads of changes but the club is now healthier than ever and it's been left in the hands of [mention]Karl V[/mention] and [mention]phil4[/mention] who are perfectly placed to take the club further.

As hard work as it was, MSG has been a great personal achievement for me as it was something I desperately wanted to see happen every year. The club had never had a single, go-to summer event and let's hope that, COVID aside, this can continue and you guys will support Karl and Phil in their organisation of this. The 4 should bring a raft of new people into the club who can help to turn these events into something really memorable.

Thank you to everyone who's been a part of Atom life so far. I'm hoping that 2021 will be a better year for me to spend time in the car and attending events too.

Drive safe chaps, see you soon.
310=325! That'll be the Presidential Remap kicking in... :vroom:

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:05 pm

Whoops! I posted this in the 'Clubroom' (Members only) yesterday. Moved to 'General Announcements'...

My bad, sorry.