Discounted Club Membership - limited time offer

The place for all general, non-model specific, chat and any club announcements
Karl V

Discounted Club Membership - limited time offer

Post by Karl V » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:04 am

Following Alex's announcement that certain sections of the forum are to become Members Only access from 1st November, I wanted to follow up with a Club Membership discount offer for anyone who hasn't yet taken the plunge to join us as a fully fledged Club Member.

If you find the forum a useful source of information; enjoy the social aspects of meeting and driving with other Ariel owners; or are simply here for the craic, now is the time to join us and take advantage of the Ariel.Club benefits on offer.

Simply sign-up for a £30 membership by 31st October and we will refund you £10 on your first year's membership.

Small print
  • The offer is available to new membership purchases only, not membership renewals
  • Memberships must be purchased by midnight on 31st October
  • Your £10 reimbursement will be processed on 1st November, normally returning to your card within a few days

Peter255

Re: Discounted Club Membership - limited time offer

Post by Peter255 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:12 pm

Thus penalizing existing loyal members who contribute (not just financially) towards the club year after year. :(

I get why your doing it, but its just not fair. And yes i know i can afford the £10. :td: from me.

Sorry guys. :embarassed:
Atom 4, Clio v6, & some other cars obviously.

Steve Gibson
Administrator

Post by Steve Gibson » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:02 pm

I think it is kinda fair. Because the more members we have, the better the stuff we can fund and organise. So as discounted memberships join, everyone benefits in the longer term.

Alistairbuchanan

Post by Alistairbuchanan » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:17 pm

Just subscribed. Was gonna wait till i got my 4 but worth every penny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

autobackup

Post by autobackup » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:48 pm

Only just renewed my membership last month - knew I should resigned first before rejoining as a 'new' member!! :doh:
Atom 3.5R (Cyprus)
Honda CRV 2.2 Ex Auto i-DTEC (Cyprus)
Suzuki Celerio 1.0 SZ4 (Cyprus)
Honda CRV Ex I-MMD eCVT Hybrid (UK)

Alistairbuchanan

Post by Alistairbuchanan » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:52 pm

autobackup wrote:Only just renewed my membership last month - knew I should resigned first before rejoining as a 'new' member!! :doh:
Like insurance.....only available to new customers lol

44 TOY

Post by 44 TOY » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:28 pm

Makes sense to try and get more members on board.

I joined for £30 a couple of months ago, I think the £30 is definitely value anyway, that said the discount will hopefully encourage more members- the more members the merrier.

No objections here whatsoever.

Cheers.
Dean

Luckky

Post by Luckky » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:58 pm

djh9j wrote:Makes sense to try and get more members on board.

I joined for £30 a couple of months ago, I think the £30 is definitely value anyway, that said the discount will hopefully encourage more members- the more members the merrier.

No objections here whatsoever.

Cheers.
Dean
I get it’s an extra £30 (£20 for a short while) to spend but I’ve just signed up as I want to contribute where I can (outside heckling hedge now and again). The guys/girls do a great job here and I think it’s worth every penny.

Anon

Post by Anon » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:21 pm

It reminds me of this Nationwide advert years ago lol :

reg

Post by reg » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:53 pm

simonrhart wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:21 pm It reminds me of this Nationwide advert years ago lol :
Brilliant. Can ‘second tier members’ charge in the instance of their technical articles :D

robfitz

Post by robfitz » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:05 pm

Signed up - still another 18 months before I get my Atom 4 in all likelihood but may as well do it now :-)
GR Yaris CP for when it rains, Atom 4 for when it doesn’t.

Alex Brandon-Smith

Post by Alex Brandon-Smith » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:26 pm

Thanks guys and appreciate those who are bigging up the people who give their very valuable time to do everything for this club and help to make it better. It's not easy finding the time to do it but we do our best!

[mention]Peter255[/mention] , sorry it's not to your liking mate but I can assure you you've had more than a tenners worth in club discounts, subsidies and event discounts over the years! It's not something we'll run for long and hopefully just helps to get some of those who were thinking about it to take the plunge.

As many have said, they are benefitting already and there's more to come.

Cheers peeps.

Alex
310=325! That'll be the Presidential Remap kicking in... :vroom:

CAG3D

Post by CAG3D » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:48 pm

Being a member of a club gives you opportunity for ‘discounts’.

However, how is this monitored? Are you a member? Errrr yeh. Ok, you can have a discount.
Are you a member? Yes. What is your membership number? 0000001. Awesome you will receive X % discount.

That means if I buy 4 T-Shirts and a service, I’ve easily paid for my membership.

Everyone nowadays wants to feel like they get something when spending dosh.

An official Ariel plastic/credit card membership card, with a unique number would be good.

Perhaps get the likes of Caffiene and Machine off members a discount?

Starting date on it, to show how long you’ve been a member. Plus an expiry date, which can perhaps be asked when stating you are a member?

My insurance company asked me, but didn’t ask for proof, and I guess the factory would be the same? If it has an expiry date on and whoever is asking for a discount, they have to send a pic/scan to prove its valid?

What would the cost be for this? I guess you have postage etc too,

I own a printing company, so I am happy to help where I can for any printing (I guess I may regret this). A nicely presented Folder would be good, listing benefits etc. Plus we could use it for our receipts etc?

Just let me know....

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:59 pm

Thanks Tony. I agree 100% with you - the first step in tying this all up is officially recognising members.

I've been burning the midnight oil recently to get everything in order. Club Member badges on here aside (as well as making sure the right people have access to member only areas of the forum), all members should have received a letter, emailed over the weekend, confirming their membership number and expiry date.

As you say, this should form the basis of discount entitlement in the not too distant future...

Whether this becomes a plastic card in the future is a topic for Alex, but again I agree: benefits should be for beneficiaries ;-)

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:54 am

Thanks Karl, received mine but it states the membership number is valid until 01/01/3000 ?

Knowing your humour, not sure if that was intentional? ;)
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold