Club benefits - your ideas please...

The place for all general, non-model specific, chat and any club announcements
John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Re: Club benefits - your ideas please...

Post by John Scherrer » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:42 am

As Henry said, when using Haselbury Mill, just mention that your stay is related to Ariel and they'll always give you a decent discounted rate, no questions !

It's a pleasant 5 minute walk to the factory unless the gates are locked that side in which case it's more of a trek ..
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:56 am

^ And their red wine is delish!

;-)

HenryJS

Post by HenryJS » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:21 am

id have a crack at the people on the 'list of places to stay and eat' that i poseted a while ago. i can supply it again if necessary?

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:28 am

Good point.

I'll look to get your detailed list added as an information post somewhere, thanks.

I can see the winter months are going to keep me busy...

hamtt

Post by hamtt » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:29 am

John Scherrer wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:35 pm The forum does display "Club Member" agianst the posters username though?

It's a bit confusing though as some committee users etc don't get "Club Member" displayed.
image.png

My bad, didn't notice it. But maybe that's teh point, it's too subtle. A change in colour of username also would make it more obvious.
My website: Skunkwurx - Create an account and PM me for forum member pricing
Ariel Atom Parts and UpgradesRace Technology Dash2

ace_cox

Post by ace_cox » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:47 am

Hi guys, I’ve been a fan for years and decide to take the plunge because the rate was very reasonable and its a way to support Ariel when I don’t have a car. So Halford might work for bits, for people in my situation! If the price of membership goes up I’ll drop out.

Other thoughts - hotel by Factory sounds good - maybe expand that (just thinking out loud) to a hotel chains (needs analysis on which) so people can take Ariel away for the weekend. (know car will be safe)

On a slightly different tack - Caterham factory offer the chance to hire one with the value discounted off the car if you buy one. There is no way to try an Ariel for the weekend as far as I know. Im sure this is more the factory but the club could liaise - be come a member to access the ‘chance to hire’ a car.

Anyway, keep up the good work guys.
Cheers!

ace_cox

Post by ace_cox » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:02 pm

Alex Brandon-Smith wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:08 pm
Hopefully we can all work together to produce some other benefits to help us progress. And don't forget that can come round in a multitude of ways...giving time to help the committee, discounts on printing or anything else we can use to promote the club, finding club discounts if you have a connection somewhere. It's all welcome and ultimately it's what Karl's original post was intending - we want to know how to progress,
Based on benefits for members and how we can help. I run a lovely little coffee business and I would be prepared to offer Members discounted coffee, either free delivery, or discount off coffee - Or even a co-branded product, that might be fun - pre-drive caffeine boost to make you that extra 0.5 sec faster per lap! Just a thought! - www.rawbean.co.uk - Maybe I could then buy a car 'on the business' LOL!