Ariel.Club events management

The place for all general, non-model specific, chat and any club announcements
Alex Brandon-Smith

Ariel.Club events management

Post by Alex Brandon-Smith » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:20 pm

The club committee has decided to improve the way we handle club events, so that more members and owners can participate, and enjoy events organised by the club or it's members.

We are introducing the following improvements;

1. Appointment of a club events coordinator, Graeme Weineck, to help organise and promote events.
2. Improve the Ariel.Club home page with a dedicated “Events” section, where owners can see in one place, the club promoted events. For event details, this list will be linked to appropriate topics in the Forum, and updated regularly.
3. Promotion of events via the Facebook group and email push to members.
4. Provision of a club email address events@ariel.club for anyone who wants their event promoted, or for general enquiries and ideas for events.
5. Producing an earlier schedule of events to help owners plan with more notice.
6. Exploit opportunities for reducing event costs, eg track days.
7. Production and better access to tour schedules and route maps. Aim for at least one European and one UK trip/long weekend per annum.
8. Introduction of new events, eg. breakfast runs or taster sessions for new owners.
9. Provision of vehicle specific and joint events. Atom/Nomad.
10. Seek opportunities to meet with other car clubs, or support charitable motoring events.

As most will know, Graeme has been an active member since picking up his Atom a few years ago now and has organised a plethora of tours and trips so it made absolute sense to bring him on board to help Steve, Phil and myself run things more smoothly and to get the activity levels of the club to increase.

The events page is already integrated into the home page at www.ariel.club so head over and take a look, and make it your first stop for events news.

In order for the new events scheduling to work, it really does need input from the members so if anyone is organising a meet, a trackday or anything else please let Graeme know at the email address above. Else if there's a local event on, please help to support it if you can. These things tend to generate their own success! And of course, don't forget Winter Warmer and MSG 2019...get booking and reserving your spot for both.

Any questions, fire away, else we welcome Graeme officially into the fold!

Alex :vroom:
310=325! That'll be the Presidential Remap kicking in... :vroom:

GraemeW

Re: Ariel.Club events management

Post by GraemeW » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:20 am

Thanks Alex. One of the things that got me thinking about this over the last couple of years, was at a number of events or trips, I heard from other owners comments like; "if only I knew about this sooner", or " what other events are planned? Where's the best place to find them? They are often buried deep in a forum somewhere" etc etc.

Hopefully these changes will help with the events being publicised earlier, as well as on the Forum Home Page and Facebook group. It would be good to see some new owners at some of these events. We will try to provide a variety, as not all events will be your thing. Pick one or two and join us

GraemeW

Post by GraemeW » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:35 pm

All, please look out for the occasional club email about certain events. Check your spam box as they will be group emails.

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:52 pm

Fantastic news gents.

I'd be happy to follow [mention]GraemeW[/mention] on many tours to come.

Sir Nick

Post by Sir Nick » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:07 pm

Well [mention]Karl V[/mention] , try and keep up this time ffs! :-*

GraemeW

Post by GraemeW » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:59 am

At least Karl doesn’t lead us down bridleways in Devon :-)

rowmrob

Post by rowmrob » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:40 pm

Looking forward to following you across Europe on the next tour of the Alps. Hope to meet up one day with you to discuss routes, distances per day and hotels. Regards Dave Dixon.

Alex Brandon-Smith

Post by Alex Brandon-Smith » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:06 pm

rowmrob wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:40 pm Looking forward to following you across Europe on the next tour of the Alps. Hope to meet up one day with you to discuss routes, distances per day and hotels. Regards Dave Dixon.
Dave, why not start at the Winter Warmer? I can guarantee there is plenty of talk of driving roads and tours then! :vroom:

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:53 pm

Sir Nick wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:07 pm Well @Karl V , try and keep up this time ffs! :-*
That be fighting talk Nick!

I seem to remember being in 1st place on the Dartmoor Off-road Section. If it wasn't for that puddle, I may even have won...

dunny

Post by dunny » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:14 pm

Bloom'in eck!
Where did this lot come from? ;D One minute it's the Winter Warmer, then were going all continental!
This is really good but if i may speak for us newbie's, dashing off abroad is a bit of a trepidatiouse {i might of just made this last word up} undertaking.
Some readily available words of wisdom on this subject and track days in general would be welcome especially for new owners and any one like me who hasn't driven their cars on the continent yet!
Trepidtiously yours,
Dunny.

Alex Brandon-Smith

Post by Alex Brandon-Smith » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:46 pm

Dunny, the track days are definitely worth taking your time over. There's no winners or losers, just you starting to understand your car, how it moves and how it's balanced.

As for the continent, that is a blast and a genuine joy. The continental roads are far quieter, and smoother for the most part and it's really really easy to drive abroad so don't worry about it. Get booked on to a tour and take the plunge. You won't regret it...

Alex

wasp

Post by wasp » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:03 am

Alex Brandon-Smith wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:46 pm Dunny, the track days are definitely worth taking your time over. There's no winners or losers, just you starting to understand your car, how it moves and how it's balanced.

As for the continent, that is a blast and a genuine joy. The continental roads are far quieter, and smoother for the most part and it's really really easy to drive abroad so don't worry about it. Get booked on to a tour and take the plunge. You won't regret it...

Alex
This. +1

Cheers,
Stu

GraemeW

Post by GraemeW » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:56 am

We are going to try and organise a Spring and Autumn trackday, summer will be MSG. You will still probably book directly with the organiser, but if we get a group we can possibly negotiate more discount, and in some cases a dedicated garage for our group. This could be around some of the RMA events Winmoz has already mentioned. In addition, I'm planning some driver tuition either separately or combined with a track day for those who want this. Already looking at a number of options and will publish something early in the new year.

As to European trip, see separate topic for late August into September. Additional shorter trips to eg Spa and/or Le Mans 24 might be organised as group events, although some already planning individual trips. I am also thinking of a May trip to North Wales, and perhaps include an Anglesey circuit visit. Watch the events section.

Organising Christmas stuff at the moment has momemtarily taken my focus off trying to organise Club events. Normal service will resume in the New Year

dunny

Post by dunny » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:18 am

:tu: :checkeredflag:

Steve Gibson
Administrator

Post by Steve Gibson » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:54 pm

dunny wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:14 pm Some readily available words of wisdom on this subject and track days in general would be welcome especially for new owners and any one like me who hasn't driven their cars on the continent yet!
Dunny - just for you. I wrote it eight years ago.

https://ariel.club/ariel-club-guide-to- ... est-roads/