New TomTom Rider 550 (Premium Pack)

The place for all general, non-model specific, chat and any club announcements
autobackup

New TomTom Rider 550 (Premium Pack)

Post by autobackup » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:39 am

As part of the recent repair/upgrade to my Atom, after some research, I decided to buy the new TomTom Rider 550 (Premium Pack)

I went for the Premium Pack because it comes with both a locking mechanism that locks the Satnav to the car and also includes WORLDWIDE lifetime maps - particularly useful for me as it includes Cyprus.

Simply download whatever map you need before you go on holiday and use it in a hire car rather than using a smartphone or paying extra for a SatNav but don't forget to take it out before you return the hire car 8)

The cheapest place that I found to buy it from was 'Detlev Louis' of Hamburg (Germany's largest Motorcycle dealer - https://www.louis.eu/) their price was €uro 499.00 + €9.50 delivery (GBP £437.00) - the UK price is £499.00 but appears to be permanently 'Out of Stock' everywhere I looked!

It is a great bit of kit and, unlike earlier Rider models, includes a speaker - it has full wifi updating (no computer needed) and I have discovered that it will happily update while fitted to my car while it is parked outside my house.

You can 'enable' various apps in a smartphone and it will than play stored music, internet radio stations, Amazon Music or Spotify (some need a 3g/4g data connection) either through the speaker or headset (apps need to be individually 'authorised' via the MyDrive app)

So far I am very happy!
Atom 3.5R (Cyprus)
Honda CRV 2.2 Ex Auto i-DTEC (Cyprus)
Suzuki Celerio 1.0 SZ4 (Cyprus)
Honda CRV Ex I-MMD eCVT Hybrid (UK)