Atom in the rain

The place for all general, non-model specific, chat and any club announcements
s2kseven

Atom in the rain

Post by s2kseven » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:47 pm

I have not driven my ATOM in the rain. I live in Florida. When it rains it pours. Over here, you can put in the fastest windshield wiper setup, the motor still can't keep up (see nothing).

Back to atom in the rain, is the atom water proof enough that it will not ZAP my electrical and ECU if I get caught in heavy rain?
If I get caught in heavy rain, my only option is to look and stay under the bridge ;D

Anyone EXPEEIENCED A heavy rain while driving their atom?

Hedge

Re: Atom in the rain

Post by Hedge » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:54 pm

Yep, many times.

Standstill or driving, in torrential rain. Puddles big enough that, when you drive through them, it feels like the entirety of the puddle has magically jumped up from the tarmac & onto your head. Seats/ tubs full of water etc etc.

I went through a car wash in my first one, in the day. Those brushes hurt!

It never once broke down. Never.

Cheers,
Hedge

s2kseven

Post by s2kseven » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:25 pm

Other things to worry is hydroplaning my Toyo R800 tyres in the rain and instrument gauges.

Nice to know atom can take the heavy torrential rain.

smokin

Post by smokin » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:44 pm

The old SPA dash isn't waterproof but only really a problem if you decide to powerwash

phil4

Post by phil4 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:57 pm

smokin wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:44 pm The old SPA dash isn't waterproof but only really a problem if you decide to powerwash
MY new digital one isn't either... only really a problem when you leave it out in the rain overnight... seems to dry up once driving though, even if that's through yet more rain... for hours and hours.

So yes, it's pretty much waterproof.