Need to have a look at an Atom

The place for all general, non-model specific, chat and any club announcements
MrPoseidon

Need to have a look at an Atom

Post by MrPoseidon » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:24 pm

Hi all.

Slightly awkward request, but 100% genuine.

I need to have a good look around or even a quick little drive in an Atom as I’m thinking of purchasing one. I’ll pay for fuel/drinks/food obviously. :)

I’m based in Romford so anywhere near 20-30 mile radius would work.

Thanks.

r55boy

Re: Need to have a look at an Atom

Post by r55boy » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:20 am

Just wondering if you managed to get a look or ride and if you made the jump? I am in a similar position considering atom and nomad but bewildered by 3, 3.5, 245bhp, 300bhp, etc!

Jamier27

Post by Jamier27 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:04 pm

I would have helped but am in Cumbria. Surprised no one has responded tbh.

But tbh, they are a no brainer. I'm not sure Ive ever read anyone to be disappointed by them. As long as you know that its a car with no roof, doors etc

Ive had 5 now and never drove any prior to buying them and never regretted any of them.

SvenTheHammer

Post by SvenTheHammer » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:07 pm

I had my first drive in an Atom with these guys many years ago:
https://driftlimits.co.uk/
They recently bought my pal Tom’s 3.5 supercharged as their new track tool.

r55boy

Post by r55boy » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:33 pm

Thanks both. Having never driven one, it feels a big risk, but it’s the pure thrill of the driving that I am after. Had an Elise s2, several Evos, and now dumping my c63 and 997 as they are too fast for the road and don’t give the pure fun factor.
The one thing still bothering me is atom versus Normad. I would never go off road, but does the nomad give anything extra on road over atom? I would do a track day or two per year as time allows, but mostly would be a quick run out Sunday morning and the odd evenings.
Thanks again guys.

r55boy

Post by r55boy » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:34 pm

Oh, and I can see some 245bhp atoms and some 300 plus. Would the 245 feel wanting? Or would it leave me an upgrade path for the future?

Mrlizard

Post by Mrlizard » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:36 pm

r55boy wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:34 pm Oh, and I can see some 245bhp atoms and some 300 plus. Would the 245 feel wanting? Or would it leave me an upgrade path for the future?
I had a 245 initially, i really enjoyed it - it was easier to drive it harder more of the time and when the cams come in, the intake noise etc is great.

The factory used to, and I assume still will - add the supercharge for you etc when/if you need it.

Depending on which 997 you had the atom will be way quicker.

Winmoz

Post by Winmoz » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:11 pm

I’m just west of Reading, if you are ever out this way.

I bought my car new as a 3.5 245 with the plan to upgrade over time.

As a N/A car, the throttle response is synaptic and the induction roar is one of the most intoxicating sounds this side of decent. On the road and track it was great fun.

But a couple of years in and the desire for more power became to great and I had it supercharged. This turned it into a totally different car. More is just better. Suddenly overtakes that I would not have considered before became second nature and on track, the car’s limits were so far above mine it was ludicrous.

But, mainly because I think the 3.5R looks the nuts, I had it upgraded to 350bhp. More torque is the main thing. Love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#BananAtom