First Chinese Atom?

There are Atoms rockin' all over the world...
bolus

First Chinese Atom?

Post by bolus » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:49 am

I did a google translate for the description

Contact: Xue Pu Tel: 13626420611 2008, as the engines roar out strong from Qingdao艾瑞欧Motor Company developed ARIELATOM III (艾瑞欧atoms III) tournament by two cars, after a year of hard finally, after the success of the production line, which means that China has been the first self-produced for the use of high-performance car enthusiasts Athletic locomotive.

ARIEL ATOM III used HONDA (Honda) for the use of high-performance racing engine, the output power to 245 horsepower, the 0-100 kmh acceleration time of just 2.7 seconds, maximum speed of 300 kmh. Chassis using high-strength steel space structure, the body from high strength, light weight of glass fiber reinforced plastic material composed of a standard car suspension system structure, the whole car weighs just 495 kilograms. ARIEL ATOM III are from the world's leading automotive designers, Mr. SIMON SAUNDERS design. Mr. Saunders in 1999 to create Britain艾瑞欧Motor Company, in a short span of 8 years will艾瑞欧car brand to build 21st century has become known as the most successful independent car brands. ARIEL ATOM III features unique, either as the use of high-performance car, but also as a general passenger vehicle use. In Europe, the United States, Japan, Southeast Asia, and Hong Kong, China, which have adopted the relevant local safety, emissions and noise regulations, can be formally listed on the road. Therefore, compared to single-purpose car, ARIEL ATOM III tournament by two cars have been more acceptable to the general public advantage, especially in the field every time after driving the need for engines and vehicles to conduct a comprehensive, complex and expensive repair. Qingdao艾瑞欧company of British companies in China艾瑞欧exclusive production license and the right to use the brand. Today, the introduction of the project, the Chinese people Ariel major R & D under the leadership of Dr. Xia Lei ARIEL ATOM III to achieve a home-made, successful trial out of Chinese-made brand艾瑞欧cars. ARIEL ATOM III trial of the success of China's car manufacturers to fill gaps, improve the racing sport in China's participation and popularity, and satisfy the market's desire for sports car racing and demand, making more car enthusiasts can experience the car the fun and participate in opportunities for cultivating China's future international level athletes racing to create the conditions. In addition, the car also on behalf of a country's level of development of the automobile industry, therefore, ARIEL ATOM III trial of the success for the development of China's automobile industry made a positive contribution.
Company Address: Qingdao Jimo blue villages and towns
Experience Hotline: (0532) 82591555

Car quality, unique design, unique sports experience!
Friend, try a new feeling!

Karl

Re: First Chinese Atom?

Post by Karl » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:08 am

The machine translation is hilarious. :)

Wmcmanus

Post by Wmcmanus » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:29 am

Excellent news.  Nice to see that they're finally making it happen. 

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:24 pm

What they should have done for that demo is made a human slalom course. The stupidity of some stuns me :P

bolus

Post by bolus » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:15 pm

[quote="Karl"]
The machine translation is hilarious. :)
[/quote]

Ariel Atom:  The high-performance car enthusiasts Athletic locomotive

Mig

Post by Mig » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:33 pm

Quality driving skills and way to treat your new car.............NOT :td: :td: :td:

Mig :)

bolus

Post by bolus » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:42 pm

atomathics

Post by atomathics » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:17 pm

[quote="bolus"]

[/quote]

So that sounds like a normally-aspirated Atom and it's a 3 frame.  I wonder how much of that car was done in China?  Locally-welded frame, or could that be a UK-manufactured demo?

The human K-Rail is fascinating... Safety does not count for much in China...

a

WorkingOnIt

Post by WorkingOnIt » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:36 pm

[quote="Curator"]
What they should have done for that demo is made a human slalom course. The stupidity of some stuns me :P
[/quote]

[quote="atomathics"]
The human K-Rail is fascinating... Safety does not count for much in China...
[/quote]

So what does the fact that the USA in its cleverness has turned much of our economic future over to them say about us?  :-[

atomathics

Post by atomathics » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:52 pm

[quote="WorkingOnIt"]
So what does the fact that the USA in its cleverness has turned much of our economic future over to them say about us?   :-[
[/quote]

Well, not sure, really.  When you go there, it quickly becomes obvious that a lot of the protections we take for granted in the more developed countries just do not exist there.  In some ways it's refreshing as it refocuses things on personal responsibility.

But it's also disheartening -- the scale of China's cities and the number of people absolutely warps the perception of what a true urban environment is (from a Western perspective), and this left me with the sense that the needs of an individual weren't all that important in a nation of more than 1,000,000,000, let alone a few hundred people standing around a parking lot.

I don't think I would have lined up right on the edge of that skidpad...

a

bolus

Post by bolus » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:13 pm

[quote="atomathics"]

[/quote]

Perhaps they are big Rally fans?

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:18 pm

[quote="bolus"]
[quote="atomathics"]

[/quote]

Perhaps they are big Rally fans?
[/quote]

Exactly no different to being on the corner on a rally stage, but with lower speeds involved

Ben

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:30 pm

My thoughts exactly. It didn't look very dangerous...

Unless yer a lilly-livered lubber...
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:59 am

For those that thought spectating a low speed atom on a dry car park was a bit dodgy...

Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

DFext37 Fielding

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:05 pm

that is the kind of person that the Goodowood rally stage needs at this years GFOS.