Where is it???

There are Atoms rockin' all over the world...
Hedge

Re: Where is it???

Post by Hedge » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:26 am

[quote="apollyon25"]
8371km / 11 days

761km / day
[/quote]

Must feel quite strange for you, I'd have thought. All this time waiting. Countless threads on here about your car. It's become almost legendary in it's own right.

And now it's pootling along the ocean, bobbing up and down, and is closer and closer, day by day, hour by hour.....

When this car arrives you don't just need someone with a camera to snap you. You need video to capture the look on your face the first time you actually set eyes upon it. Something like this ain't gonna happen for a while, I suspect....

Alec

Post by Alec » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:18 pm

Should be with you soon then.  :tu:

Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

apollyon25

Post by apollyon25 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:21 am

It feels kind of surreal.

Ive been waiting what feels like forever and it became more real when the keys arrived.
Suddenly it was tangible and I could see myself unlock the fuel cap at the service station... could envisage clicking round the battery switch... doing the wave with the fob...
Pushing that start button.

I hear the engine kick into life (admittedly its the sound of a Mk1 as that is all I know at this stage... Cheers John!)
I can feel myself ease out the clutch and gently prod the accelerator pedal...
I know what happens in a Mk1. Now... the Mk3 will be new.

I'm looking forward to the sound of 245HP of intake noise destroying my hearing...

I'm hoping like crazy I dont break it... but really looking forward to that first drive!

Flying Phil

Post by Flying Phil » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:46 am

I'm hoping like crazy I dont break it... but really looking forward to that first drive!
My wife asked me to promise not to wreck the car (... or myself), especially on the first drive :)

Alec

Post by Alec » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:22 am

Flying Phil wrote:
My wife asked me to promise not to wreck the car (... or myself), especially on the first drive :)
Good advice.  :tu:

Even if you don't usually do what she asks, I would this time.  ;)
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

apollyon25

Post by apollyon25 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:34 am

6849kms...
9 days to go...

Yes I will be taking it very easy when I first drive it... 'it' because I havent decided on a name or sex for 'it' yet...

It will likely be a gentle drive up north and out west. Then it gets to sit in the garage for a couple of days while I install some kit!

wisp

Post by wisp » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:43 pm

Are you talking 16 or further north and more west?

apollyon25

Post by apollyon25 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:28 am

Dont know at this point...

Was either going to pop up Whangarei/Matakana/Leigh/Kumeu etc or down south to Rotorua/Taupo/Napier
I'll have to see how the weather is and how keen I feel.
Also will have to see how much Ive got done in prep for the move and how much time I have...

Far too busy at the moment.

AndyT

Post by AndyT » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:44 am

[quote="apollyon25"]
Far too busy at the moment.

[/quote]

Hi Jared

I wouldn't normally make an offer like this - time is precious you know - but if you're really too busy then just drop the keys off up here and I'll make sure that your new baby is well looked after.  Of course I'm only doing this because it sounds like you've got a lot on your plate at the moment  ;)

Cheers,
Andy (I'm all heart) T

wisp

Post by wisp » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:54 am

[quote="apollyon25"]
Dont know at this point...

Was either going to pop up Whangarei/Matakana/Leigh/Kumeu etc or down south to Rotorua/Taupo/Napier
I'll have to see how the weather is and how keen I feel.
[/quote]

Are you doing this alone or do you want to freak the nation out with the sight of two cars?

apollyon25

Post by apollyon25 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:45 pm

[quote="wisp"]
Are you doing this alone or do you want to freak the nation out with the sight of two cars?
[/quote]

I have no idea...
It will be a spur of the moment thing.
I'll give you a bell though.

Oh and thanks for the very kind offer Andy.
You'll understand if I very politely tell you to bugger off...  ;D  8)

wisp

Post by wisp » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:17 pm

[quote="apollyon25"]
I have no idea...
It will be a spur of the moment thing.
I'll give you a bell though.

[/quote]

Day trip or longer?

I did the Coro Loop, again, on Sunday to see my daughter (holidaying on the pennisula). It's a good day trip with nice roads and far superior scenery. Plus there is plenty of places you can stop for food and gas.

Any word as to what happens when it arrives? Where do you pick it up from?

apollyon25

Post by apollyon25 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:03 am

It all depends on how the packing/redecorating is going.
If I have time I'll pop down to Napier to visit Mum and Dad (an overnighter)
If not, it will be a blatt of a couple of hours... any nice windy road will do.

Just sorting that out now.
Getting all the paperwork for the Customs Agent and insurance and ...
As far as I know I pick it up from NSCompliance in Glenfield.
The endless fees never seem to stop... decontainering, transport, compliance, rego, wof, gst...

Add to that all the other bits, lawyers, banks, accountants, and the big deposit...

I'm a bit overwhelmed at the moment...

apollyon25

Post by apollyon25 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:22 am

For Bruce: Clearly this thread bores you...

Stop reading this then and go back to the self inflicted torture of not having an Atom at hand.

8)

wisp

Post by wisp » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:28 pm

So where is it now? It must be out in the Tasman Sea right now if it is to arrive here Monday night.