Two Atoms spotted in Toronto

There are Atoms rockin' all over the world...
Bruce Fielding

Two Atoms spotted in Toronto

Post by Bruce Fielding » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:35 am

Just read this...

This Tuesday, August 28th, in downtown Toronto, Mike â??Sockâ?� Sokolowski and I attended Microsoft's annual holiday preview event, â??Xâ?�(insert year here). The event is meant to show off the products, both games and accessories, that will be arriving on store shelves in the coming holiday season, while giving media and a few selected invitees the opportunity to play them hands on. Aside from its own first party games, Microsoft was also hosting third party publishers like 2K, Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, Capcom, Activision and more. The list goes on.

Before Mike & I even hit the door, we could feel the high energy atmosphere, because right outside the main entrance were two Ariel Atom sports cars, a Ferrari and a souped-up Porsche, there to promote Bizarre Creations' Project Gotham Racing 4 (visitors were given the chance to ride along inside the racers as part of the experience).

AAE cars, or you, Chip?
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

apollyon25

Re: Two Atoms spotted in Toronto

Post by apollyon25 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:56 am

One of my mates at work has PGR3 and he keeps gloating about driving a 300HP Atom...

To which I usually reply... well, you wont be a passenger in mine if you keep gloating like this...
He replies to that with... you need a new form of blackmail...

Chip

Post by Chip » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:35 am

Hi Bruce!

Sorry it took so long to catch up with this but the answer is....MINE.  AAE can't be driven on the highways, so...Microsoft and Trak Motorsports (AAE) asked if I would mind helping out and lend them mine to shuttle about 150 press nerds to and from the Microsoft venue on the streets of Toronto.  The press were greeted by all kinds of exotics and given a choice of which one they would like to be shuttled in to the restaurnat.  I am told that the overwhelming first choice was THE ATOM....MY ATOM (lest anyone forget  ;)).  Second on the list, a long way down, was a  Ferrari, whatever that is.  THe real kicker is; the event was sooooo secret and well protected, I could not go... just the Atom!  >:(  Oh well, all for the team  :tu:

I am told the event was a resounding success and I get to say that I got to hobnob with the rich and famous, or at least my Atom did!  8)

Chip

maverick1

Post by maverick1 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:41 am

[quote="Chip"]
Hi Bruce!

Sorry it took so long to catch up with this but the answer is....MINE.  AAE can't be driven on the highways, so...Microsoft and Trak Motorsports (AAE) asked if I would mind helping out and lend them mine to shuttle about 150 press nerds to and from the Microsoft venue on the streets of Toronto.  The press were greeted by all kinds of exotics and given a choice of which one they would like to be shuttled in to the restaurnat.  I am told that the overwhelming first choice was THE ATOM....MY ATOM (lest anyone forget  ;)).  Second on the list, a long way down, was a  Ferrari, whatever that is.  THe real kicker is; the event was sooooo secret and well protected, I could not go... just the Atom!  >:(  Oh well, all for the team  :tu:

I am told the event was a resounding success and I get to say that I got to hobnob with the rich and famous, or at least my Atom did!  8)

Chip
[/quote]
So Chip you actually trusted someone else to drive your baby around Toronto.  Brave Man.....
Cheersâ?¢

Chip

Post by Chip » Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:38 am

Aw shucks!  What can I say?  Sometimes ya gotta take one for the team!

Alec

Post by Alec » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:21 pm

[quote="Chip"]
Aw shucks!   What can I say?  Sometimes ya gotta take one for the team!
[/quote]

I would have insisted on attending, I mean, how keen were they to have your Atom there?

It's not as if they're two a penny otherwise they wouldn't have asked you about using it.
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

Chip

Post by Chip » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:31 pm

[quote="Alec"]
[quote="Chip"]
Aw shucks!   What can I say?  Sometimes ya gotta take one for the team!
[/quote]

I would have insisted on attending, I mean, how keen were they to have your Atom there?

It's not as if they're two a penny otherwise they wouldn't have asked you about using it.
[/quote]

I would have insisted but I got the feeling from the Microsoft people that they would simply have dropped the Atom from the event and I did not want that to happen.  Having the Atom exposed to the world through these types of events helps us all, hopefully!  And bringing another generation of Atom lovers up by their introduction to the car thouugh Project Gotham Racing 3 (PGR #3) cannot hurt, can it?

Mr.Woolery

Post by Mr.Woolery » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:41 pm

I would've told them I have to drive the car...otherwise they could stuff it.  That's more than "taking one for the team".  They just plain took advantage of you.

Chip

Post by Chip » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:12 pm

At least I had Mark Swain, a professional race driver and instructor from the Ariel Atom Experience, driving it.  It was not some Joe off the street.   

Imagine that, a lawyer being taken advantage of?    ;D ;D ;D :tu:  That is me!

Alec

Post by Alec » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:53 pm

[quote="The Masked Spaz"]
I would've told them I have to drive the car...otherwise they could stuff it.  That's more than "taking one for the team".  They just plain took advantage of you.
[/quote]

Totally agree.

The fact that you weren't even invited, even to be somewhere in the background, is ridiculous.

If the people being ferried about were only Press Nerds then there was no reason why the owner of the much sought after Atom could not attend. Image
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)