Where are you from?

There are Atoms rockin' all over the world...

What part of the world are you participating with us on the Atom Forum from?

You may select 1 option

View results

Driver

Where are you from?

Post by Driver » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:45 am

Just thought it'd be fun to see how the Nationalitys change on the board as US production and other distributors start to sell Atom's under license. Here's a really informal Poll.

Be sureto add yourself and where you are located on the Frappr Map:
http://www.frappr.com/arielatomowners
Last edited by Driver on Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

DFext37 Fielding

Re: Where are you from?

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:47 am

Well done for the (so far) 6 people for voting, 5 from the UK / Europe area and 1 from US.
I don't think there will be many from Asia on the forum.

Driver

Post by Driver » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:16 pm

It'll take time, Hopefully in a year or so, once Brammo starts shipping we'll see more involvement from my side of the pond. I get on around dinner here and everyone's all gone to bed in England.  6 hours later there right?  I imagine tumbleweeds rolling around the virtual forum. I feel like the midnight cleaning crew...  ;)  I think it's just a neat thing to have to see how the collective approaches things too. I bet when things start to equal out with Brammo owners showing up that talk will start to change more towards modding and hp than trackdays. Tracks/trackdays are much farther apart and instruction much more rare here.  Closest track to me is either in Ft Worth, San Antonio or an old airbase near Corpus. All of them 2+hrs. Even a drag strip is 1.5 hrs away. I may need to move so I can get closer to a track. :)

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:43 pm

[quote="Dext37 Fielding"]
Well done for the (so far) 6 people for voting, 5 from the UK / Europe area and 1 from US.
I don't think there will be many from Asia on the forum.
[/quote]

There are at least four cars in Asia...
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

DFext37 Fielding

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:09 pm

I knew that where a few in Asia, but 4, ummm.. that is quit alot, i think there is a HYBRID YAMAHA engined Atom as well as obviuosly the HONDA engined Atoms.

(sorry for re-editing), Did you get my e-mail last night, Bruce? ???
Last edited by DFext37 Fielding on Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DFext37 Fielding

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:21 pm

AimanA

Post by AimanA » Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:31 pm

[quote="Driver"]
an old airbase near Corpus.
[/quote]

Ah, memories... my mom taught there when I was a kid. They closed that base? We since moved up to New York, but I still have some Texas in me.

Driver

Post by Driver » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:16 am

[quote="Dext37 Fielding"]
I knew that where a few in Asia, but 4, ummm.. that is quit alot, [/quote]

I put 'other' in there. Didn't think of Asia but was thinking of Russia and such. Asia's in there now just in case. Other will have to cover the misc stuff in case someone from Greenland or Alaska joins up. :)

The base is Grand Sport Speedway in Hitchcock, Tx (or simply The Old Blimp Base). It's small, mostly Autocross and kart stuff. It's not likely the one your mother taught at unless you are in your 90's. It was closed in the 40's. Houston Corvette Club is behind the track stuff there. The best road track is still in College Station Texas World Speedway. They never really got the attention to run the big race series it was built for. They do a few here and there but Texas Motor Speedway gets all the attention as it is so much closer to a major population base and that is where Nascar has chosen to do it's racing here in this state. And being named the way they are you can see people get confused a lot. Either way, with me in the Austin area, everything is hours away. :( We have this old airport sitting in the middle of Austin (see attachment) but the neighborhood associations and tree huggers would NEVER allow for it to be used as a motorsports venue of any kind.

Road Trip anyone?
Attachments
Mueller_TX_00_se.jpg
Last edited by Driver on Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

swissatom

Post by swissatom » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:39 am

"Other will have to cover the misc stuff in case someone from Greenland or Alaska joins up"

I know Texas doesn't think of itself as part of the USA but I'm pretty sure Alaska does.  :)

Driver

Post by Driver » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:25 am

Yeah, but they are up there. They're even North of those Crazy Canadians, They kind of fend for themselves. :)

It's a joke.... But as sure as I put one classification down someone will want to mention some other one. Japanese, Korean, Saudi. And I didn't even go into the Middle Eastern countrys and I know there are a couple over in Dubai. Dang, need to change the form again... If someone from those areas want, just PM me and I'll add your area to the form. Until then I'm leaving it alone.

Ohh, Texas is the only State that could, if we voted to, get out of the US of A. Sometimes I wonder....
Last edited by Driver on Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dubai

Post by Dubai » Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:34 pm

Asia, Middle East, United Arab Emirates, Dubai. dxb

Omran  8)

Driver

Post by Driver » Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:20 pm

OK, OK, I've added a Middle East / UAE option.

daytonatom

Post by daytonatom » Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:12 pm

And Africa?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

RedRaven

Post by RedRaven » Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:07 am

Perth, Australia down here :)

Driver

Post by Driver » Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:13 am

There IS a place for Aussie's.