Are their any Atom owners or even an official dealer in Germany?

There are Atoms rockin' all over the world...
Holger

Are their any Atom owners or even an official dealer in Germany?

Post by Holger » Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:07 pm

Hello,

are their any Atom owners in germany?
Was anyone able to get an Atom streetlegal and Tüv approved for Germany?

thanks,

Holger

Atoman

Re: Are their any Atom owners or even an official dealer in Germany?

Post by Atoman » Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:26 pm

I 've the information from the Belgium importer patrick  Debusseré, that he have sell a car in germany and his customer was working on the TUV certification ...  :)

Holger

Post by Holger » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:57 am

Thank you for the info.
So far I got no answer from Debusseré, but I'm in contact with fob-engineering in Swizzerland. They will also sell Atoms to germany.
They are already working on Tüv certification as well.

It will be interestring what "safety" features the Tüv will come up with.
I hope no big mudguards, big numberplates, other exhaust, different air intake, whatever...

Greetings
Holger

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:02 am

Good news... bad news...

The good news is there is a car which is homoloigated for Germany

The bad news is, this is it:

[img width=640 height=304]http://gallery.atomclub.com/albums/user ... ham002.jpg[/img]

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

Holger

Post by Holger » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:30 am

Must be an old picture...
The rear aerofoil ist not aloud in Germany, at least not anymore since they passed a new law  ;)

A german number plate at the front of a car will be 520mm x 150mm.
Any idea how this will fit?

Monza

Post by Monza » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:04 pm

as a windscreen, it will help on your free speed Autobahn  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jean-Pascal
Atom 3.5 310 Honda LHD

Bob

Post by Bob » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:53 pm

You might want to check eu law. I have been told if a car has been registered in one eu country or approved for this another country must accept it.

I read a story on this on the dutch spyker that has been approved in the Uk and through a uk registration they can register them in other eu countries.

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:38 pm

[quote="Bob"]
You might want to check eu law. I have been told if a car has been registered in one eu country or approved for this another country must accept it.

I read a story on this on the dutch spyker that has been approved in the Uk and through a uk registration they can register them in other eu countries.
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Nice one!

Bob

Post by Bob » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:49 pm

Yesterday in holland was big news, the results of a crashtest with a chineese made suv called landwind became public. At 64 kmph the result would have been driver dead so people and even polititians started asking can we forbid registration of this car since it is so dangerous.

Today in the newspaper it was mentioned that the car did not have an euopean type approval but did have a german tüv approval. Since it was approved by the tüv the dutch registation agency could not forbid registration and has to allow registration of het vehicle. The funny thing was that it mentioned that the german tüv approval wa not as hard as the dutch rdw approval.

If the atom has been approved in the uk the same would apply for registration in any other eu country.

The thing is that in these cases eu law goes above national law. Sometimes in germany tüv might create problems with the registration but if you know law just slam them with eu and they has to register it. But for people that don't know law tüv will try lots of things if they think the vehicle is not good in their eyes.

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:33 am

If the atom has been approved in the uk the same would apply for registration in any other eu country.

Sadly, this isn't the case, as those importing to France are painfully aware.

If the car is registered here in the UK, you can drive it in France, but you can't register it there - even if it's already been registered here.

In answer to the question at the top, there are no german members of the owners club, and no Atoms in Germany as far as I am aware.
Last edited by Bruce Fielding on Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bob

Post by Bob » Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:45 am

i konw some countries just say we have our own law that goes above eu law and you might win if you go to court but that will take a long time.

2 year ago i sold some atv's that had eu approval. The eu approval mentioned just 1 rear license plate. Germans wanted to give you 2 which was not according to the type approval in the end if you showed them the eu paperwork together with the law text and some more paperwork (these guys lowe paperwork) they had to only issue 1 plate.

They will just try and most people just take what they say for the truth. France I can imangine is a country that is part of europe but there just french :-) If I have some time I will try to find the eu lawtext about this issue.

Monza

Post by Monza » Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:10 pm

Things are simple ...
Atom are homologated in UK only with SVA. It's not a national type or EC homologation.
These single/individual approval are specific to each country.
Every country in EC has the choice to accept or not this type of single/individual homologation when you want to register the car.
Example : Belgium , with some small modifications, will accept an Atom with a SVA. It's not the case in France.
Main problem is that Ariel has never made any of the different European tests, so all is to be done.
Even the VIN number itself is not conformed to the ISO norm... so a lot of work to do for importers.
Jean-Pascal
Atom 3.5 310 Honda LHD

stocky

Post by stocky » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:51 pm

I am in the market for an Ariel Atom and I can register it eithe rin Germany or Luxembourg.

As I already imported and Mitsubishi EVO VIII from the states last year which has no EC number I had no problems registering it in Luxembourg.

I had to pay 640 Euros and tehy did a smog test.

BUT it was stated on my reg card that even though it is now registered in Lux (which is EU) doesn't give any right that that would be possible in other EU countries too.

So it still up to each EU country if they accept a car or not.