new atom 220

There are Atoms rockin' all over the world...
gino de kerf

new atom 220

Post by gino de kerf » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:19 pm

HI,

i ve ordered a new atom in belgium in january, it was supposed to be manufactured in june and delivered in july. Last week i ve got a phone call ( after a lot of mails and phone calls from my part ) that there is not even a chassis planned for my ordered atom 220. At the earliest , it will be in september . Summer will be over ,

should i cancell order, does anyone has such a bad experience?

please advise

rgds gino

AtomFun

Re: new atom 220

Post by AtomFun » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:32 pm

Hi Gino and welcome to the forum.

We're all aware of 'shifts' in build dates but your story does seem a little strange!

Hang on in there, it's really worth the wait. If your weather pattern is similar to that of the UK there's little difference in rainfall between summer and winter.

Atoman

Post by Atoman » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:47 pm

I ordered mine end of August last year , and collected my car just two weeks ago => means , 9 months !  :o

The only things to do is to be patient ...A lot of owner are in the ame scheme ...

AtomFun

Post by AtomFun » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:04 pm

Blimey!! I didn't know it was 9 months from order to delivery.

RichardR

Post by RichardR » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:24 pm

Indeed - orders are now to next Feb - probably March by the time you read this!

gino de kerf

Post by gino de kerf » Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:26 pm

hello,

i ve decided to wait and be patient, can anybody give me some advice concerning the 220 / 245 HP ?

i ve ordered a 220 , is there a lot of difference in power? Maybe i can still change it?

any help is welcome

rgds gino

AtomFun

Post by AtomFun » Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:33 pm

Hi Gino

I have a 245 but never driven a 220 so I can't give advice on that matter.

I think the main considerations are:

1. If you plan to upgrade to a 300 at some later date, go for a 245 as the upgrade path is a lot easier.
2. The resale of a 245 is generally thought to be better than a 220.

With waiting times getting longer it seems the resale value of any Atom is going to hold up well.

It reall is worth the wait as the pleasure of owning an Atom is amazing in so many ways. I've just come back from a sports car show at Castle Coombe and my Atom was surrounded most of the day!

John

gino de kerf

Post by gino de kerf » Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:39 pm

thanks john,

i will contact dealer to change it in a 245 HP

have a nice weekend

rgds gino

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:03 pm

220's sound nicer!
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

Adam T

Post by Adam T » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:04 pm

I have a 220 and i have been in a 245 and to be honest the performance are very much the same.  Also the engine in the 245 sounds flatter while the 220 burbles more and sounds more aggressive.  Atomfun is correct in what he says, however, if you don't think you will pay for an upgrade to a 300 then i would spend the money on other upgrades to the car.