Ariel Atom Stockholm

There are Atoms rockin' all over the world...
Danielli

Ariel Atom Stockholm

Post by Danielli » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:43 am

Hello there,

Beginning of this year i bought myself a brand new Ariel Atom 3.5 310 along with Alcon brakes, Bilstein dampers, aerofoils, slip diff etc, which of course ended up in breaking the initial budget and adding another 30% to the total. Anyway, still happy with my choice and really looking forward getting it. I have never driven an Atom so I really dont know what to expect.  :D

I have been told that 4 people in Sweden bought an Atom this year so far. Unfortunately, it seems that I am the only one in whos got one in the Stockholm Area. If anyone is visiting Stockholm and fancy a "Stockholm Dawn Raid" or similar event please let me know.

Cheerio,
Daniel

meladdo

Re: Ariel Atom Stockholm

Post by meladdo » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:08 am

[quote="Lord Sinclair"]
Hello there,

Beginning of this year i bought myself a brand new Ariel Atom 3.5 310 along with Alcon brakes, Bilstein dampers, aerofoils, slip diff etc, which of course ended up in breaking the initial budget and adding another 30% to the total. Anyway, still happy with my choice and really looking forward getting it. I have never driven an Atom so I really dont know what to expect.  :D

I have been told that 4 people in Sweden bought an Atom this year so far. Unfortunately, it seems that I am the only one in whos got one in the Stockholm Area. If anyone is visiting Stockholm and fancy a "Stockholm Dawn Raid" or similar event please let me know.

Cheerio,
Daniel
[/quote]

Welcome to Atom ownership Daniel.......You are in at the deep end with a 310!  well done, a light right foot is the key! :vroom:

Danielli

Post by Danielli » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:57 am

Thanks meladdo. Yes I'm going to take it very easy! Also went for the AD08-r tyres as they seem easier to start with and learning the limits of the car.

GTED

Post by GTED » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:52 pm

Hi Daniel

Congrats on your acquisition.  You'll have a blast.  If your car comes with the remote brake bias, before you attempt to go fast to experience the insane acceleration, I'd recommend that you take your Atom to a big parking lot to test the front/rear bias.  Shortly after I bought mine, I took it on a track that I've been doing track events for more than a decade...., yes, you guessed it..., I spun, which I hadn't done that for many years.  At first, I didn't know whether I needed to adjust my driving style on track because diff car diff dynamic, or the set up of my Atom was off...., later on I found out that somehow the brake bias was set 30/70 f/r, obviously a bad thing.  One I got that sorted out, its been nothing but good times.

GTED

Danielli

Post by Danielli » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:28 pm

Yepp, i have the brake bias. It was a fairly cheap option so i could not resist ticking that option as well. Do you ever change the break bias or do you just leave it at default setting?

Today i did really have a blast as a passenger in an Atom 3.5 310. I was at Mantorp Park watching STCC, Camaro cup, Porsche GT3 cup etc. I have never ever been in a car that is accellerating faster than my Ducati Hypermotard 1100 evo, not even close.  ;D

Its a pain counting down to delivery day.  :-[

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:15 am

If you have the control, it's really important to change brake bias for damp / cold / wet conditions
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

speedmachine

Post by speedmachine » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:27 am

I am pretty certain you aren't the only owner in Stockholm, as I sold my Atom 2 supercharged to a guy in Stockholm....

I can give you his email, pm me if wanted
Atom 4 on its way, GR Yaris for the wet days

Fredrik F

Post by Fredrik F » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:51 pm

[quote="Lord Sinclair"]
Hello there,

Cheerio,
Daniel
[/quote]

No You´re not the only one in Stockholm with a Ariel Atom
We are 4 person i sthlm, It´s me how bought my 2008 and than one gay from 2006 and one from 2013 and the last from 2014.
If you want you can come home to me and take a look. I´m from Huddinge.

Alex Brandon-Smith

Post by Alex Brandon-Smith » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:47 pm

Stockholm Dawn Raid?

Surely Stockholm week-long summer invasion is a better idea? :vroom:
310=325! That'll be the Presidential Remap kicking in... :vroom: