Tell me where to visit in the UK...

There are Atoms rockin' all over the world...
positron

Re: Tell me where to visit in the UK...

Post by positron » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:39 am

This will be a good logistics test for us on this side for AF UK. What about driving license/registration etc. Can you you just debark and drive about?

And the hooning... let's not forget some hooning...
Last edited by positron on Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:23 am

[quote="Monza"]
When you are in UK, the most beautifull place to visit is .... France !

If not, why do we see so much english people here ???? ??? ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Read the first post - he's already going to France (and Italy and Switzerland) - and if you come to Paris for the last day of the tour, you can meet up with him too, JP!
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

AtomFun

Post by AtomFun » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:54 am

[quote="Monza"]
When you are in UK, the most beautifull place to visit is .... France !

If not, why do we see so much english people here ???? ??? ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

If you lived in England, you'd know why :)

ross

Post by ross » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:06 am

[quote="Alec"]
They know all the roads so it's a safe blast.
[/quote]

Not sure that knowing the roads round there qualifies it as being a safe blast! The C&F is one of the most dangerous roads in the UK based on the number of fatalities per year (mainly bikers).  Still a fantastic route though.

Alec

Post by Alec » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:16 pm

[quote="Ross McWilliam"]
[quote="Alec"]
They know all the roads so it's a safe blast.
[/quote]

Not sure that knowing the roads round there qualifies it as being a safe blast! The C&F is one of the most dangerous roads in the UK based on the number of fatalities per year (mainly bikers).  Still a fantastic route though.
[/quote]

They tend to start there and then take a route along some of the other roads in the area around Buxton.

By safe, I meant that they knew the severity of the bends and location of obvious restrictions and speed limits/cameras which is always a good thing in my view.

Maybe I should have said that it's a safer way to see the area as local knowledge is always useful.
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

sc0tt

Post by sc0tt » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:21 pm

[quote="Alec"]
[quote="benyeats"]
Make sure you visit Liverpool, never been myself just saving Alec some bandwidth ;)
[/quote]

Liverpool is 'European Capital of Culture 2008' so it's a must for your list of places to visit and I'll gladly show you around.

[/quote]

Don't be mean sending him to Liverpool Alec  ::)

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:24 pm

[quote="CalScot"]
Ben mentioned Cambridge. I loved Cambridge. My Sister lives there and is getting married in July so I will likely be there. I also went to school in Cambridge at the Welding Institute, so I know the place well. Well the pubs anyway.

[/quote]

Cool lets go to the pub in July.  Can't promise anything as exciting as the bar at Atomfest mind you

Ben

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:47 pm

[quote="benyeats"]
[quote="CalScot"]
Ben mentioned Cambridge. I loved Cambridge. My Sister lives there and is getting married in July so I will likely be there. I also went to school in Cambridge at the Welding Institute, so I know the place well. Well the pubs anyway.

[/quote]

Cool lets go to the pub in July.  Can't promise anything as exciting as the bar at Atomfest mind you

Ben
[/quote]
I dont remember the women or the guys in Cambridge being anything like the ones in Jennings OK. I also doubt that any Cambridge taxi would be a pick up truck with a .303 rifle and a twelve pack of nasty beer in the back either :laugh: It was a great laugh though.

[img width=800 height=600]http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee12 ... sedBen.jpg[/img]

[img width=800 height=600]http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee12 ... behind.jpg[/img]
Last edited by CalScot on Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alec

Post by Alec » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:18 pm

[quote="sc0tt"]
[quote="Alec"]
[quote="benyeats"]
Make sure you visit Liverpool, never been myself just saving Alec some bandwidth ;)
[/quote]

Liverpool is 'European Capital of Culture 2008' so it's a must for your list of places to visit and I'll gladly show you around.

[/quote]

Don't be mean sending him to Liverpool Alec  ::)
[/quote]

You obviously haven't been to Liverpool otherwise you wouldn't say that.

It has a lot to offer, and especially this year.

If everyone went by what they read about a place then all I know about where you are from is in relation to these.  ;D

Image  Image
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

sc0tt

Post by sc0tt » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:18 pm

I'm a Manc so of i woundn't dream of entering Liverpool Alec  :P 

ross

Post by ross » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:48 pm

Where is this 'Liverpool' place?

Alec

Post by Alec » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:23 pm

[quote="sc0tt"]
I'm a Manc so of i woundn't dream of entering Liverpool Alec  :P   
[/quote]

[quote="Ross McWilliam"]
Where is this 'Liverpool' place?
[/quote]

As your both from within spitting distance of Liverpool, I'm assuming you're just envious of my living in such a great place.  ;)

apollyon25

Post by apollyon25 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:36 pm

Ah but which way did the spit travel I wonder?!

From or into Liverpool
;D

:-*

Alec

Post by Alec » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:49 pm

[quote="apollyon25"]
Ah but which way did the spit travel I wonder?!

From or into Liverpool
;D

:-*
[/quote]

I wouldn't spit at people that aren't fortunate enough to live in Liverpool as that would be uncharitable.  ;)

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:06 am

If you are even considering Edinburgh, you will probably end up sleeping on the streets as all the decent hotels and b&B's will have gone. Of course, staying with Atom Owners is also an option...

Talking of accommodation, thisis quite a good list of places to stay. They say: "Private homes offering high-quality, usually luxurious accommodation with an emphasis on personal hospitality". I say they tend to be big houses owned by people whose children have moved out and they're rattling around. I would eat at local pubs and restaurants, though... the cuisine is variable.
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London