Has anyone succesfully brought an Atom into Canada? BC?

There are Atoms rockin' all over the world...
antek

Has anyone succesfully brought an Atom into Canada? BC?

Post by antek » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:12 pm

After having driven a Honda s2000 for 5 years my wige's decided that she wants a new toy and the Ariel Atom is #1 on her list. As we have just moved from Europe to Vancouver I was wondering if anyone here could help me out on what it takes to get an Atom into Canada, BC specificly.

PS. I've emailed the US manuf. several times with questions and have not received a singled reply.  :td:

Karl

Re: Has anyone succesfully brought an Atom into Canada? BC?

Post by Karl » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:48 pm

Antek, try calling Brammo instead of emailing them, then you'll get to talk to an actual person (probably Jerry) and get all your questions answered.

antek

Post by antek » Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:14 pm

Thanks for the tip Karl. :)

I was just hoping that in this day and age of internet companies that a website and email address actually would use it as well. ;)

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:42 pm

There is an owner (or prospective one) in Toronto - search on 'Chip'
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

Karl

Post by Karl » Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:34 pm

[quote="antek"]
Thanks for the tip Karl. :)

I was just hoping that in this day and age of internet companies that a website and email address actually would use it as well. ;)
[/quote]

You'd think, but of all the companies that I've had to deal with for various reasons, I'd say about only 20% actually paid attention to mail sent to their listed email address.  The remaining 80% (including some technology companies!) rely on phone calls for the initial contact, after which you may or may not get a personal email address that you can use to contact the company's representative.

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:32 pm

I think that Canada has an official importer these days, again a search on 'chip' or 'canada' shoudl do the job

Ben

antek

Post by antek » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:31 am

well the last thread I've found with 'chip' and 'canada' in it is from June/July this year. :(

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:36 am

[quote="antek"]
well the last thread I've found with 'chip' and 'canada' in it is from June/July this year. :(
[/quote]

This one from August

http://forum.atomclub.com/index.php/top ... l#msg32134

Contains a link to an article which mentions the importer. 

Chip has been active on the site since but that is the most appropriate link

Ben

Chip

Post by Chip » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:13 pm

Answer?  Yep!  Mine is here and I expect to pick it up in Toronto (King City) from Trak Motosports this week!  Long story!  I'll fill everyone in as soon as the odyssey is finished. 

Chip

PS  Trak has on outlet in BC.  and I have always received a prompt reply from Ariel, Brammo, Trak and anyone on the Forum.