no plates for the atom in spain!

There are Atoms rockin' all over the world...
spanishatom

no plates for the atom in spain!

Post by spanishatom » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:19 am

hello

yesterday i spoke to an engineer of one of the two possible certification companies. he already knew the atom because one and a half year ago he tested one on a circuit. as he said,o there came guys from ariel to check the possibility to import the ariel officially to spain. he really likes the car but it is absolutely impossible to get plates here. they do neither accept the tubular chassis, nor the seatbelts, the lights, and so on (the list is very long he said). the only way is to try to change plates from f.e. a german car to spanish plates going the traditional way of importing a second hand car.

no good news...

oliver

wisp

Re: no plates for the atom in spain!

Post by wisp » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:25 am

[quote="spanishatom"]
the only way is to try to change plates from f.e. a german car to spanish plates going the traditional way of importing a second hand car.

no good news...
[/quote]

It's not all bad news if the second hand importing is possible. At least ownership is still a reality.

spanishatom

Post by spanishatom » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:10 pm

it´s not sure that it works. have to try...

spanishatom

Post by spanishatom » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:58 pm

if anyone can cross his fingers for spain, i am waiting for the answer of another engineer... but they told me not to be too optimistic.

ps: met the owner of the racetrack near palma (the only one here) on sunday. we'll talk about conditions for trackdays later this month. he's got an sr3 for rent on his   
    track... will make some pictures or try to do a lap and upload the video

greetings from majorca

apollyon25

Post by apollyon25 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:53 am

List the things they dont like about the Atom and why they dont llike them.
Then maybe we as a group can offer suggestions on working around the Spanish authority's red tape.

czech

Post by czech » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:28 pm

I am planning a trip (with the same goal of asking questions) to our department of transportation, in Czech Republic. To find out what is needed for Atom to be accepted and aaproved here, as a road car.