Rallying the Nomad in the US

The place to discuss all tracked Nomad stuff
Afro Thunder

Rallying the Nomad in the US

Post by Afro Thunder » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:21 pm

Hello all,

I am new to the community as well as forums in general as you might tell from my mistake posting this in events before :-[

Here's hoping I'm in right place now.

That said my main question today is has anyone been able to register/participate/rally their Nomad in the US?

I have gone over the ARA rule book and it seems it is immediately ineligible firstly due to the manufactures requirement.

I do not care about competing, only wish to participate. I have been trying see if there's a special / anything goes class or even if there are events that are not regulated by the ARA to little success.

Since I simply can't think of a better "out of the box" platform for Rally Racing & I already love and own this vehicle, it would be such a shame if I couldn't drive it how it was meant to be driven on a closed backwoods dirt road.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

HenryJS

Re: Rallying the Nomad in the US

Post by HenryJS » Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:04 pm

Hi Afro!

Welcome! I dont know about Racing Homologation over there, but i know here in the UK it is difficult with the Nomad.

However we have a lot of lower level Motorsports that the Nomad can be involved with! All these are accessible through our Local Motor Club. Do you have a similar thing there?

If you are any where near Dirtfish or Rally ready Driving School - i know they are both superb locations to play on loose!

Perhaps you could even arrange a Nomad Only day at either of these locations? Im sure you would get some takers!

Afro Thunder

Post by Afro Thunder » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:41 pm

I really appreciate the response @HenryJS!

I think you're right in that I will have to start locally. My issue with this is I live in a very remote area of the US with 3 hours being the closest point to any kind of track. Not to mention Rally Racing is nearly non-existent in the US let alone where I am located.

I am lucky and excited however to be going to Dirt Fish for 3 days in August this year! Maybe they can point me in the right direction while I'm there. If I find anything out, I will be sure to post here to help spread that info to those interested.

I'd love to get a group ride together but it would be quite shocking to me if I wasn't the only Nomad in the entirety of the state!

Here's hoping, cheers!

HenryJS

Post by HenryJS » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:56 am

Very welcome indeed. Much Jealousy about DirtFish for 3 days. thats gonna be fun!