Anyone fancy a spring hoon down South?

Karl V

Anyone fancy a spring hoon down South?

Post by Karl V » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:20 am

Apparently, there is a growing number of Nomads lurking in and around the Surrey / Sussex / Hants parts these days.

Anyone here fancy a get together to create a hoon?
  • One Nomad = Billy NoMads
  • Two Nomads = you show me yours; I'll show you mine
  • Three Nomads or more = a hoon!
Official club kick off this year is in our neck of the woods - https://www.ariel.club/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=17297

Anyone fancy a catch up before then?

[mention]Trigger[/mention] [mention]Mutley[/mention] [mention]Hedge[/mention] [mention]Matt Hegarty[/mention]

Karl V

Re: Anyone fancy a spring hoon down South?

Post by Karl V » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:45 am

BTW [mention]Lighty[/mention], where are you based? Sorry if you're down south and I forgot to tag you...

[mention]russty_james[/mention] - maybe Oxfordshire is a bit far away? Your YouTube vids are legendary BTW!

[mention]Andrew300[/mention] - are you near by per chance?

That is all.

Andrew300

Post by Andrew300 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:17 am

Hi Karl I’m from Watford about a hour from you , Nomad is still on a sorn but will be off it at the end of March. Normally club always did a breakfast run down to Brighton if your interested in organising it I’m in

77_TYX

Post by 77_TYX » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:39 am

I'm up for a meet. Can't make 7th April, but I'm around most weekends until then.

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:42 pm

[mention]Andrew300[/mention] - I didn't know about the Brighton run. Sounds fun. Could maybe tie it in to a London Dawn Raid? Cc [mention]GraemeW[/mention]

[mention]77_TYK[/mention] - congrats on picking up the car and welcome (again) to the 'hood! I'm on children weekend activities duty until end of March, then I get my Sunday mornings back! Until then, it's mainly weekday mornings or weekend afternoons for me.

Hopefully we'll hear from some others soon to see if the Nomad's are ready to kick off 2019...

AlanP

Post by AlanP » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:31 pm

If a lowly Atom is allowed I’d gladly tag along. In Northwood no distance at all from Watford.

Alan

Mutley

Post by Mutley » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:45 pm

Hi [mention]Karl V[/mention], I'm always up for something - no SORN for me :laugh: Away 23rd - 30th March.

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:51 pm

So anyone fancy Saturday afternoon in a few weeks time (16th March)?

Leith Hill was fun. It was less horse-shite than the roads [mention]Trigger[/mention] and I tackled beforehand.

If we're brave enough, we could even try the uphill attack. We only went down last time. It's about 30 degrees BTW. Winches at the ready if we want an uphill attack.

There are local pubs with good food nearby.

I'd be happy to check out 'horse-shite alley' in advance in case we conquer Leith Hill without a sweat and need more smiles before a medium rare steak sandwich. With chips...

[mention]AlanP[/mention] - I have you down for a Brighton run. Hopefully with [mention]Andrew300[/mention] too. I have visions of a London Dawn Raid followed by a gentle jaunt to that there seaside. By gentle run, I mean Atoms way up front ;-)

Until then, this...

FB_IMG_1551220871454.jpg
FB_IMG_1551220871454.jpg (171.67 KiB) Viewed 1192 times

t_kelly94

Post by t_kelly94 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:54 am

[mention]Karl V[/mention] i'd be up for doing this at some point in the future. Saturday 16th i'm busy and then the 22nd it's going in for its 500-1,000 mile service. From April i'm starting to become a bit more free though and should be able to drive a bit harder in it once it's been properly run in.

Based between Berkshire and Essex so London or Brighton are easily doable for me.

AlanP

Post by AlanP » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:04 am

Karl,

My car is never gong to see rain, I'll not even show it a picture of that stuff!!

16th is definite as long as my car is working, it currently has no clutch!

Alan

HenryJS

Post by HenryJS » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:58 pm

Sorry to butt in.. i saw the words 'hoon' and 'Nomad'

Heres a link to a bit a 'route' that i came up with for a drive out. 56km long, about 7-8 green roads to do, ending up at Leith Hill. Couldnt help my self last night, i just love poring over an OS map!!

https://osmaps.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/rou ... last-Nomad

I have a GPX file if any one wants to use it?

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:47 pm

Hi everybody - just back from travels so sorry to be slow on this one.

I am definitely up for a blast/hoon or just lunch !! Thanks for the route Henry - but alot is not passable at the moment. Some have been designated 2 wheel only and some are closed until May for example - I have walked driven them all and can try and put together a route of what can be driven now and in summer.

The Leith Hill tracks are open - the one we did in the photo above would be fine - the longer one which is a bit Horse pissy, may be good especially if we stay dry the next 2 weeks. It is a great track though and ends at a good pub !

Oh and no I never SORN.

Trigger

HenryJS

Post by HenryJS » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:55 pm

Trigger,

You cant beat local knowledge. :tiphat:

Everyone have fun!

When looking for good places to go, try here:

https://www.trailwise2.co.uk/

catalog of UCR's and Green Roads - some with 'usage reports' to help plan your route.

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:13 pm

No probs Henry - the trails around surrey have been wrecked so they now restrict them quite alot i am finding - but alot more options from May to sept.

I use:
http://www.qwerf.com/greenlaning/?county=surrey

It is motorbike based but gives videos of all the trails - which can be very useful.

T

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:19 pm

Ok so I've gone over the routes and taken those off that I know we cant go on and left the ones i know we can, and the ones i figure we probably can - I need to explore a couple as they may have seasonal TROs but its not clear.

https://osmaps.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/rou ... March-2019

I will do some exploring and then amend accordingly.

So whos on for it ? We saying 16th March in the afternoon ?

Trigger