Project caffeine

phil4

Re: Project caffeine

Post by phil4 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:59 am

Karl V wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:37 pm If it was a bit more 'permanent', I could maybe hook up some tubes from cup-to-mouth; rally style.
If you're going that far, why not look at taking a line off the engine coolant/radiator to keep it warm?

Karl V

Re: Project caffeine

Post by Karl V » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:45 pm

So today I splashed out £3 for a Waitrose / Shell garage reusable coffee cup. Thanks autobackup for the idea.

Made from plastic with a screw on top, and having dual skin thermos-like insulation, I am in high hopes that this will both retain heat for longer and not suddenly disappear at speed.

And as an added bonus, the cup sits higher in the cup holder (being fatter and shorter than the skinnier and taller disposable cups), which means I have been able to lop an inch and a half off of the height of the stalk. That has added rigidity and lowered the overall weight of the car to a lower centre of gravity.

When I started this thread, I never really thought it would be a 'project', but feck me... All I wanted is somewhere to stash a coffee cup for 15 minutes...