NomadOnly Alpine roadtrip

mudnomad

NomadOnly Alpine roadtrip

Post by mudnomad » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:28 pm

What is this Nomad everyone keep going on about? ;)

Hello everyone, my first post on the forum :) I promise to pop in more often.
I thought I'll copy the post from Ariel.Club's Facebook, in order to get as many owners to see it, just in case some of you are not on FB.
At the moment it looks like we have six/seven people interested (including Roger and us):
P_20180627_153646_vHDR_On-01.jpeg
P_20180627_153646_vHDR_On-01.jpeg (1.75 MiB) Viewed 828 times
Our Grand Tour is finished. We visited every EU country in the Nomad (Iceland too cold, Cyprus too far 😉). From Wild Atlantic Way in Ireland, through lakes of Lithuania, to old towns of Malta.
We had a blast! And we would love to share some of it with you.
Together with Drive Alpine, we would like to organise Nomad only Alpine roadtrip. Four days of some of the best roads and offroads in Europe. It will make your year - I guarantee you that.
It's not a business, we just had such amazing time with Roger there, that we would love to go back! And what's better than having fun with two Nomads? Having fun in six or seven Nomads 😁
There are no dates yet, it's just a concept for now. We would definitely need 4 days, likely start would be Geneva. Around the end of September would be ideal time - it's still nice and warm, all the bikers and caravans are gone, we have all the roads to ourselves.
Option 1 would be to drive there, possible stops on the way : Black Forest, Nurburgring, even OktoberFest in Munich (which is phenomenal if you have never been). That makes it longer, you would need more time off, likely cheaper and more fun.
Option 2 - sending all the Nomads together on a lorry, flying to Geneva and picking them up there. Faster and easier, less fun, likely more expensive.
We would have photo and videographer and support van for all your kit. Which means easy cruising and maximising the fun plus amazing memories.

As I said - at the moment it's just a concept. Nothing is set in stone, also no cost is established yet. It all depends on numbers/options/your interest.
We are very happy to organise it.
Let us know your thoughts in comments or feel free to send me a message.

DriveAlpine

Re: NomadOnly Alpine roadtrip

Post by DriveAlpine » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:49 pm

Any other interested Nomad drivers out there?

Ciao,
Roger

instagram @drivealpine

ariel.club.alpine.trip.jpg
ariel.club.alpine.trip.jpg (74.77 KiB) Viewed 768 times

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:18 am

I’d be all over this, normally. I simply don’t have any holiday left! Unlike the author of this thread, who appears to be on hols 24/7, pretty much

Cheers,
Hedge

DriveAlpine

Post by DriveAlpine » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:07 pm

Thanks Hedge. Perhaps we will plan one in slow time for 2019. Would be fun to get a mix of 50:50 road and trail driving in a sunny climate :checkeredflag:

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:22 am

Like Hedge I would be all over this but I just have no more holiday until next year !

Roll on 2019!!

Trigger

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:20 pm

Please keep me in mind guys.

Would love such a trip next year. Driving licence still in tact of course...

:vroom:

Alex Brandon-Smith

Post by Alex Brandon-Smith » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:20 pm

Art, welcome to the forum officially! Great idea to get some Nomad only stuff going on.

From the updates we've been watching this will be a superb trip. Hope it's successful...
310=325! That'll be the Presidential Remap kicking in... :vroom: