Helmets and Nomads

Trigger

Helmets and Nomads

Post by Trigger » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:21 am

Picking the new machine up on Saturday - not planning to take a helmet. Now, I regularly drove my Atoms with no helmet and just sun glasses - but on longer trips and on motorways i tended to use a Helmet. As the Nomad has a windscreen I am assuming I dont need a helmet in general use - is that the case ? What do any of you guys do ?

StephenCM

Re: Helmets and Nomads

Post by StephenCM » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:16 pm

On Longer trips (600-700 miles in a day) I use Peltor ear defenders and mounted an Autocom SPA system into them.I also have some custom in ear Monitors from the bike that I can use as well to cut the sound right down although I didn't really use them on a trip last week to Corsica and back. I get voice activated comms with the passenger, sounds, phone and, if needed GPS integration. I took a pair of helmets down to Mallorca and back last year and found that they took up too much space and were overkill for what I needed., hence putting together this set up. Let me know if you want to go down the Autocom route and I will run you through how the system is configured.

Stephen