Hello - and a question

Trikster

Hello - and a question

Post by Trikster » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:31 pm

Hi all,

Have posted a couple of times already but finally collected my Nomad today - the 110 mile drive back on the A303 and M3 possibly not the best intro to the car but surprisingly comfortable.

Quick favour though - for those with a quick release steering wheel could they post a picture of how far it should locate onto the spindle - it just doesn’t look right to me and came away much easier than other QR wheels I’ve had....

Had the red flashing lights on the last couple of roundabouts but have seen that one on here, off to top up the fuel shortly

Hoping to meet a few of you in Surrey hills in a couple of weeks...

Lighty

Re: Hello - and a question

Post by Lighty » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:30 pm

Hope you took a load of photos of your collection.
2 years for me since I collected & was one of the most enjoyable new cars I ever had. I & my son did quite a few hundred miles through Wales & it was fabulous, lucky with the weather also.
Can’t get you a pic of the wheel right now.
I always re fuel once the lights start coming on as it’s very annoying and I thought something bad was wrong at 1st. Factory never explained that this would happen.
Car still has loads left though, I recon a good couple of gallons, at least 15 miles if your pushing on ::)
Not sure I will get down to Surrey anytime soon, but enjoy it anyway 👍

Gyro_Craig

Post by Gyro_Craig » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:32 pm

Just taken this photo, hope it helps.
Attachments
0901B4BE-4FAE-4B43-9FD8-19E98C11DC44.jpeg
0901B4BE-4FAE-4B43-9FD8-19E98C11DC44.jpeg (3.7 MiB) Viewed 1440 times

Trikster

Post by Trikster » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:43 am

Brilliant, thanks and confirms my worries; ours is not locating that far down - can’t see any obstructions etc so a call to the guys at Ariel I think...

autobackup

Post by autobackup » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:55 am

Trickster

The question is :

Does it 'click' into place when you fit it on the steering column?

When it is fitted if you give it a sharp tug does it come off?

If it doesn't come off when pulled then it is probably locked on OK!
Atom 3.5R (Cyprus)
Honda CRV 2.2 Ex Auto i-DTEC (Cyprus)
Suzuki Celerio 1.0 SZ4 (Cyprus)
Honda CRV Ex I-MMD eCVT Hybrid (UK)

smokin

Post by smokin » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:59 am

Trickers, pull the collar towards you (as if to remove wheel) and push the wheel forward again and then release collar. There's two stages to it (If it's the SPA, others may vary)

Trikster

Post by Trikster » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:45 am

Cheers all - away this evening but will try tomorrow - pretty sure we were fully pulling the collar but it didn’t want to go further. Seems like it’s probably user error.. will keep you updated - otherwise someone might need an excuse for a blast to North Hants to give us a hand..... good weather forecast this weekend so want to put some miles on it.... :vroom:

Trikster

Post by Trikster » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:54 pm

Well Mrs Trikster has given it a try this evening but no amount of collar pulling and pushing seems to get it past this point - I’ll try tomorrow eve again but anyone else ever had this challenge - never had a QR be this tricky before

Lighty

Post by Lighty » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:50 pm

Gyro_Craig wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:32 pm Just taken this photo, hope it helps.
Blimey, have you ever sat in your Nomad, it looks like new :vroom: