SkunkWurx Updates

The area for people to tell the club about goods and services which may be of interest. Be aware that the goods and services offered in this section are not necessarily endorsed by Ariel.Club but will be moderated. Caveat emptor. Only full club members can create posts.
hamtt

Re: SkunkWurx Updates

Post by hamtt » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:28 am

[quote="Tom"]

As a side note while i've got you and we are being relatively sensible , and so that i'm not accused of (any more) underhand dealings if I do write to you privately, i'd be grateful if you could find another photo (attached) to use of the DASH2 on your website - I know it's easier just to copy and paste from our website but this is one of Ariels photos from the Atom Mugen press launch so is Ariel property and did take quite a while to set up/take/prepare.  I can prepare an official e-mail if you prefer, but it's nice to be civil and friendly.

Have a good weekend.
[/quote]

My understanding of the  copyright law for photographs is that the copyright automatically belongs to the photographer unless agreed otherwise by contract to the party employing the services of the photographer. As such, if you can provide me the details of the photographer and a copy of your signed and dated contract with him/her requesting relinquish of copyright by all means I will oblige to your request.

But this right here justifies my concerns about the confusion of your role between an impartial Club President or as an advocate and paid senior employee of Ariel and your assertions over what's best for the factory vs whats best for the owners.
Last edited by hamtt on Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
My website: Skunkwurx - Create an account and PM me for forum member pricing
Ariel Atom Parts and UpgradesRace Technology Dash2

911tom

Post by 911tom » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:42 am

:fence: as an outsider looking in I think this petty argument reflects badly on both companies. I think it's time to shake hands and move on!
Hamtt except the fact that ariel are bound to be a little upset at aftermarket products as clearly they would like 100% of the market, as would anyone.
Tom. Aftermarket exists with all brands. This will always be the case.

There as customers there will always be the ones that want a 100% original car, those that like to be a little different and those that will purchase your side table thingy. There's room for everyone.

That's it move on!
Ariel Atom 4 350hp
Porsche 996 turbo for straight line speed
350BHP Astra van
Porsche cayenne to transport the family

hamtt

Post by hamtt » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:48 am

[quote="911tom"]
:fence: as an outsider looking in I think this petty argument reflects badly on both companies. I think it's time to shake hands and move on!
Hamtt except the fact that ariel are bound to be a little upset at aftermarket products as clearly they would like 100% of the market, as would anyone.

There as customers there will always be the ones that want a 100% original car, those that like to be a little different and those that will purchase your side table thingy. There's room for everyone.

That's it move on!
[/quote]

My point entirely, from day 1. However the jibes do get a tad frustrating after a  while.

toms

Post by toms » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:02 am

[quote="hamtt"]
[quote="Tom"]

As a side note while i've got you and we are being relatively sensible , and so that i'm not accused of (any more) underhand dealings if I do write to you privately, i'd be grateful if you could find another photo (attached) to use of the DASH2 on your website - I know it's easier just to copy and paste from our website but this is one of Ariels photos from the Atom Mugen press launch so is Ariel property and did take quite a while to set up/take/prepare.  I can prepare an official e-mail if you prefer, but it's nice to be civil and friendly.

Have a good weekend.
[/quote]

My understanding of the  copyright law for photographs is that the copyright automatically belongs to the photographer unless agreed otherwise by contract to the party employing the services of the photographer. As such, if you can provide me the details of the photographer and a copy of your signed and dated contract with him/her requesting relinquish of copyright by all means I will oblige to your request.

But this right here justifies my concerns about the confusion of your role between an impartial Club President or as an advocate and paid senior employee of Ariel and your assertions over what's best for the factory vs whats best for the owners.
[/quote]

Really, Hamid?

OK - if that's the way you want to play it we'll have to do it formally - it just would have been so much easier the other way.

PhillipM

Post by PhillipM » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:07 am

[quote="hamtt"]
My understanding of the  copyright law for photographs is that the copyright automatically belongs to the photographer unless agreed otherwise by contract to the party employing the services of the photographer.
[/quote]

Errr, that means you shouldn't be using it commercially either way unless you'd contacted the copyright holder anyway, no?
Last edited by PhillipM on Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

toms

Post by toms » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:07 am

[quote="911tom"]

That's it move on!
[/quote]

Hi Tom - I couldn't agree more!  I've always been more than happy with Hamid making bits despite what he thinks, and there are plenty of people to testify to that!  The more bits and pieces that are in this sector the stronger our little sector will become!

However when it becomes pretty much blatant copying of Ariels designs that morally seems a bridge too far for me - and I am going to need to duck out of this thread now as it's got a bit 'heavy' for a public forum, I won't be drawn any further.

Have a good weekend with your Atoms one and all!  :tu:

hamtt

Post by hamtt » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:13 am

[quote="PhillipM"]
[quote="hamtt"]
My understanding of the  copyright law for photographs is that the copyright automatically belongs to the photographer unless agreed otherwise by contract to the party employing the services of the photographer.
[/quote]

Errr, that means you shouldn't be using it commercially either way unless you'd contacted the copyright holder anyway.
[/quote]

A lot of photographs are circulated license free or without restrictions. The link to the photograph in question was provided by the manufacturer of the product and as such there was no reason to question the ability to re-use the picture for marketing their product.

In all reality both Tom and I are being petty about it. The picture can just be retaken by myself in 2 minutes and will do so on Monday simply because I just really cant be arsed with all this pettiness. I didn't start this thread to get engaged over such matters.

hamtt

Post by hamtt » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:20 am

[quote="Tom"]
[quote="hamtt"]
[quote="Tom"]

Have a good weekend.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Really, Hamid?

OK - if that's the way you want to play it we'll have to do it formally - it just would have been so much easier the other way.
[/quote]

Can you clarify to me whether your request is coming as president of this (allegedly independent) club or as the general manager of ariel?

PhillipM

Post by PhillipM » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:22 pm

:fence:

Well, more like this one:

hamtt

Post by hamtt » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:40 pm

The prototypes of the fully floating discs for the Alcon set-up are in:

We decided to fix the bobbins on to the bell as this way when the rotor wears out just the rotor can be replaced as the wear caused by the movement of the disc will be on the rotor side too. This should allow the rotors to be replaced 3-5 times before the play in the bell becomes excessive.

Compared to the standard 2 part disc:

Rocket Man

Post by Rocket Man » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:05 pm

how much for fixed,
how much for floating,
is it possible to electro cote the disce to keep them looking nice as they corrode and look shabby so quickly.
any chance of red bells.
i think that's enough questions for one day

Andrew300

Post by Andrew300 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:12 pm

Something doesn't look right with these but I don't know I'm not a engineer.Hamid would you sell me a pair so I can have them checked out by a mate of mine that deals with this type of thing all the time..Just to be safe and all that.....
Ariel Nomad,Toyota GT86 and a T5 work horse ,oh and a 4x4 for winter

julian

Post by julian » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:17 pm

I guess Hamid will sell you as many sets as you want whatever you do with them?

Peter255

Post by Peter255 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:34 am

[quote="Andrew300"]
Something doesn't look right with these but I don't know I'm not a engineer.Hamid would you sell me a pair so I can have them checked out by a mate of mine that deals with this type of thing all the time..Just to be safe and all that.....
[/quote]

I am a little surprised by the number of bolts used to secure the rotor to the bell. As a comparison I have these fitted to another car of mine. Probably a much larger rotor hence the difference...? What size are these Atom rotors?

Atom 4, Clio v6, & some other cars obviously.

PhillipM

Post by PhillipM » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:44 am

Probably, 8 bolt fixings are pretty standard on aftermarket discs though.