Forlorn SORN

Where driving is the aim of the game
GraemeW

Forlorn SORN

Post by GraemeW » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:52 pm

The cunning plan was to end the SORN in March, but as I sit here in my study looking out on yet another depressing snow shower, it was not meant to be. My sole interaction with the Atom over the last few months has been to periodically check the battery trickle charger. Where’s the fun in that???

I am ever optimistic Spring is just around the corner, and I would like to celebrate it, with a good day out in the car. Requirements are sunny (or clear) weather, good roads, and a great pub at the end of it. But, I thought, something’s missing? Company?

Anyone up for a day or half day run as soon as Spring proper emerges? Based on where I live, I am thinking anybody who lives on M3 or M4 corridors, or West London could join? Or anybody South of the Faroe Islands, as I wouldn't want to be guilty of geographical discrimination. We could work out a good route in Sussex, Surry, Hampshire, Berkshire, or Oxfordshire, or, any combination thereof. We have plenty of good options. I have already picked out a few to consider. Have lunch, or end the day at a good pub somewhere.

Propose a weekday, say a Monday, or a Friday when the good “Blat roads” are typically clearer. Its easier for me as I’m retired, but we can also do a weekend as well, if you prefer. Pencil in sometime early April as soon as we get a good weather forecast?