Oh the Pain, the pain!!

Entertainment and stuff that has nothing to do with the models themselves...
AtomFun

Oh the Pain, the pain!!

Post by AtomFun » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:31 pm

I know that when I actually get my Atom I'll look back and hardly remember the wait!!!

Seems my beloved atom won't be ready until October now  :'( a little beyond the original delivery date of the end of July!!
Last edited by AtomFun on Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FAST BUCK

Re: Oh the Pain, the pain!!

Post by FAST BUCK » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:57 pm

how long in weeks has it been already

AtomFun

Post by AtomFun » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:12 pm

I ordered 12th May.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining just hate the wait, especially as suggested dates come and go!

Monza

Post by Monza » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:18 pm

have ordered the 9 March and have the car 1 week of august, so about same delivery time as your (next).
Jean-Pascal
Atom 3.5 310 Honda LHD

FAST BUCK

Post by FAST BUCK » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:43 pm

that's about right, they're saying about 20 weeks now, I sent off the order form for my new one last week, gonna give them a depoist after Cadwell so i get it on a 06 plate, then you can laugh at me waiting! ;D

AtomFun

Post by AtomFun » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:48 pm

Yjat's really good to hear you're sticking in with the Atom experience. Have you sold the 300+ yet?

At this rate, I'll be on the 2006 plate too!

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:49 pm

James, are you taking all the mods off of your car to put onto the new one.  Are you really going for an 06 plate or keeping the vanity plate ?

Ben

FAST BUCK

Post by FAST BUCK » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:04 pm

i've still got my baby, the new owner can decide about what mods to keep on, it's all down to price.
I'll probably keep my private plate but i will wait till March 1st till my new one's registered.
Might get one with out a engine and drop something special into it!
Thinking about it I dont think you can do better than a type r supercharged engine!

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:46 pm

[quote="FAST BUCK"]
Might get one with out a engine and drop something special into it!
Thinking about it I dont think you can do better than a type r supercharged engine!
[/quote]

Generally agree, then again it seems much easier to get loads of power out of a turbo charged engine, perhaps something like a 1.8T VW unit would fit

Ben

ross

Post by ross » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:32 pm

I've often wondered about how well an Impreza's engine would go in one.  Being a boxer it would help with the CoG and you could have loads of power.

AtomFun

Post by AtomFun » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:35 pm

Certainly huge scope for tuning up!

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:50 pm

Would the direction of the engine in a standard install have an effect, i.e. the Rover and Honda both run East West the Impreza engine (I imagine) is North South.  Not sure if this makes a difference but probably has an effect on gearbox position.

Ben

AtomFun

Post by AtomFun » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:57 pm

How about a 4 wheel drive Atom - the Impreza was.

Nick Wright

Post by Nick Wright » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:58 pm

James, you could swap the engine from the blue car into the Atom.  It would sound even better than the one you have now.

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:02 pm

[quote="benyeats"]
Would the direction of the engine in a standard install have an effect, i.e. the Rover and Honda both run East West the Impreza engine (I imagine) is North South.  Not sure if this makes a difference but probably has an effect on gearbox position.
[/quote]

I vaguely remember seeing something about the engine spinning the right way - otherwise it will go bloody fast in reverse!
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London