Paramotoring....any of you chaps fly?

Entertainment and stuff that has nothing to do with the models themselves...
SloanZurnToto

Paramotoring....any of you chaps fly?

Post by SloanZurnToto » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:49 pm

I thought about getting into hang gliding, but there are some negatives that must be considered.
You are totally dependent on the weather, it takes 45min to an hour to set up your kite, then when you land it takes another 30min to break down your glider.
Transporting your hand glider is another story, need a special rack for your car.
Paramotoring has so many positives....entire unit can fit in the back of a car, not dependent on the wind/weather, setup takes a few minutes.
I've noticed that paramotoring is much more popular in Europe and Britain than North America.
Just wondering if any of you chaps fly paramotors?
Which brands of wings and motors do you recommend?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjM4A86fqbk&feature=player_embedded#!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlbQ0xbbpOQ
Last edited by SloanZurnToto on Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jpswift

Re: Paramotoring....any of you chaps fly?

Post by jpswift » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:56 am

pretty sure morgy does a bit of that

looks a hoot

i went up in a microlight a few years back and thought about getting into it but you pretty well had to get a full pilots licence to do so.........
ATOM 4
DEFENDER 90
CROSSTURISMO 4S
911  991.2
R1250GS

toms

Post by toms » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:13 am

Morgy on here is your man - in fact I think this is his company http://www.sussexparamotors.co.uk/

If you need any advice I would send him a PM...he might even be able to help you with some 'mates rates'  :tu:

dilemma67

Post by dilemma67 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:42 pm

Hey Tom If you dont mind PM Morgy as was just looking at there web site last night as the nearest place to me to give it a go.
Cheers, Simon

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:12 am

Simon,

To PM someone on here:-

Click Members from the top menu
Click Search For Members

Type in member's forum name    Morgy
Click Search

In the search results, click on member's forum name    Morgy

Click Send PM

Type your subject, message etc

Click Send Message

Job's a good 'un  :tu:
Last edited by John Scherrer on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

Steve Gibson
Administrator

Post by Steve Gibson » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:19 am

I have paramotoring on the list for 2013. Was going to get in touch with Morgy. Maybe we can get a few owners over to his place to try it out when it warms up.
First Atomised 2001.
Atom (165) > Atom 2 (220) > Atom 3 (300) > Atom 3.5 (310) > Atom 4 (350).
There is no cure.

John

Post by John » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:36 am

I do fixed wing flying if that is of any help

fishboy

Post by fishboy » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:29 am

must admit i really fancy a go at that , done the fixed wing thing, always fancied gliding ,  but i would give this a go  :tu:

toms

Post by toms » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:33 am

Good lord - even the thought of it terrifies me!  Sounds like a great idea to do a Club trip - but count me out  :D

I enjoyed my skydive - but that's as far as it goes  :o

fishboy

Post by fishboy » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:34 am

tom ....its horizontal skydiving  ;D

toms

Post by toms » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:42 am

[quote="fishboy"]
[/quote]

Sounds horrendous!  The main reason I enjoyed the skydive was that I couldn't wait to get out of the ricketty old plane we were in  ;D  I just couldn't bring myself to trust a paramotor....  Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying there's anything wrong with them - i'm just too much of a scaredy-cat  :roflp:

SloanZurnToto

Post by SloanZurnToto » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:10 pm

[quote="Tom"]
[quote="fishboy"]
[/quote]

Sounds horrendous!  The main reason I enjoyed the skydive was that I couldn't wait to get out of the ricketty old plane we were in  ;D  I just couldn't bring myself to trust a paramotor....  Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying there's anything wrong with them - i'm just too much of a scaredy-cat  :roflp:
[/quote]
Tom, no worries mate, I mean what's the worst that can happen, you fall out of the sky.
Most fly with emergency parachutes so nothing to worry about.
Don't ever forget, when it's your time to go, it's your time and nothing can stop it.
Say you cancel your paramotoring adventure to avoid death, and it's your time, God will simply crash a Lorry into your car or house...destiny is destiny, so go out and fly.
I checked out Morgy's website and it looks he exclusively deals with the British made Bailey 4 stroke paramotors, which I've read are the Cadillac of Paramotors, or I guess I should say Lexus these days.
I like the idea of a 4 stroke machine, they are more reliable, and it eliminates all the hassle and mess of mixing oil and gas, plus if you are flying cross country you can simply look down for a petrol station, land, refuel and take off.

toms

Post by toms » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:14 am

[quote="SloanZurnToto"]
Tom, no worries mate, I mean what's the worst that can happen, you fall out of the sky.
Most fly with emergency parachutes so nothing to worry about.
Don't ever forget, when it's your time to go, it's your time and nothing can stop it.
Say you cancel your paramotoring adventure to avoid death, and it's your time, God will simply crash a Lorry into your car or house...destiny is destiny, so go out and fly.
[/quote]

It's a nice idea - but i'll decline thanks  ;D  I do enough dangerous stuff as it is (pushing my luck anyway!)  :wize:

If you fancy it though (and aren't terrified of heights etc) then it must be an awesome experience!!

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:56 am

[quote="SloanZurnToto"]
[/quote]

That is pure unmitigated nonsense.  One can easily reduce the likely hood of it being his time by avoiding dangerous or even strenuous activities. 

As the saying goes 'you could get hit by a bus tomorrow', which is only true if you don't look before you cross!

Ben

morgy

Post by morgy » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:25 pm

Hi Guys

Yes i do fly Paramotors and run sussex paramotors with my business partner James.

I fly a Bailey V5. Like most Good things It's made here in the uk!!!

I fly an ozone speedster 24m and have had the honour to fly for my country at the world paramotor championships in Marugan spain this year.  Uk came 3 RD..... Early this year i was lucky enough to break a world record for a closed circuit with limited fuel. So all in not a bad year!!! Not too much time to drive my pride and joy :'(

I am not sure what you guy's are expecting??? this is NOT a sport you can just turn up and go for a fly!! :o  It is very weather dependant and can be very dangerous without the correct training...

I do know a guy who does do tandems. Is this something your Interested in?? (very weight limited)  I think he charges £75  as part of his course but will have to check the legality of paying for tandems as a pleasure flight.

We can sort out a days ground handling but this can be very boring!!!

The Guy in the second video Dell... Is a *******  Dont get me started on him :doh: :doh:

we have a few little videos we made.

Isle of Wight Beach Run on Ozone Speedster

Footdragging the River Arun

Just re-read my post Hope it didn't sound off???

If you guys want to get in touch i am sure we can sort something out for a small group...
Last edited by morgy on Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.