Eating a massive steak

Entertainment and stuff that has nothing to do with the models themselves...
benyeats

Eating a massive steak

Post by benyeats » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:16 pm

On Thursday evening I am off to a local restaurant to try its 72 Oz steak challenge.

Anyone else tried anything like that ?  Looking for hints and tips on strategy.  I know aged 13 or so it would have been really really easy but not so certain these days.

Ben

Rob McPherson

Re: Eating a massive steak

Post by Rob McPherson » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:02 pm

Hi Ben. I can only offer third-party wisdom from watching Man versus Food....

Leave all the stodge like the chips, etc, till the end
As a general rule for life. If in doubt, lubricate! (in this case with sauces/condiments and drinks  :D)
Cut it up small before you start. You don't want to have to chew too much. Will tire you out
Don't eat anything else that day
Extra-stretchy tracky bottoms!  :D

Sounds awesome. Take a pic if you can, and let us know how you did

Cheers,
Rob

toms

Post by toms » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:14 pm

I've not tried one of these challenges...but i'd consider myself to be a reasonable eater  ;D

My main tip would go against what Rob has said - and do eat something in the morning to get your stomach working and metabolism going.  Nothing too big mind, but a 'normal' breakfast I would say.....

Then you'll be good to go  ;D  Please supply a full report of your 'adventure' with photos  ;D  :tu:

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:24 pm

[quote="Tom"]
I've not tried one of these challenges...but i'd consider myself to be a reasonable eater  ;D

My main tip would go against what Rob has said - and do eat something in the morning to get your stomach working and metabolism going.  Nothing too big mind, but a 'normal' breakfast I would say.....

Then you'll be good to go  ;D  Please supply a full report of your 'adventure' with photos  ;D  :tu:
[/quote]

Every other strategy guide I have read has suggested that a decent breakfast is important then a very light lunch.  Your stomach quickly contracts if not used properly.

Sadly I only discovered man 'vs food yesterday but have been catching up via youtube.

If it is a decent place I will incorporate it on next year's East Anglia / Dad's Army hoon

Ben

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:28 pm

Going against the grain here .. but I just don't get these food eating challenges ..

It seems an insult to good food and the body.

I'll get back in my box ... if I can fit with my coat on ..  :tu:

Have fun ..
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

toms

Post by toms » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:33 pm

[quote="John Scherrer"]
Going against the grain here .. but I just don't get these food eating challenges ..

It seems an insult to good food and the body.

I'll get back in my box ... if I can fit with my coat on ..  :tu:

Have fun ..
[/quote]

It takes gentlemen of a certain stature to get these things John  ;D

Rob McPherson

Post by Rob McPherson » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:50 pm

[quote="benyeats"]
Every other strategy guide I have read has suggested that a decent breakfast is important then a very light lunch.  Your stomach quickly contracts if not used properly.
[/quote]

Makes sense, and I stand slightly corrected. On the wikipedia page for Adam Richman (the guy that does the challenges on Man V Food) he actually said he didn't eat the day before the challenge.

Rob

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:11 pm

[quote="Rob McPherson"]
[quote="benyeats"]
[/quote]

Makes sense, and I stand slightly corrected. On the wikipedia page for Adam Richman (the guy that does the challenges on Man V Food) he actually said he didn't eat the day before the challenge.

Rob
[/quote]

That is interesting to know.

There is a whole new world of food challenges I have discovered in the last few weeks.  I don't think I will be taking part on any kind of regular basis for fatness reasons, but good to know they are available in case unexpected hunger should strike.

jpswift

Post by jpswift » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:32 pm

is it free, is there a prize or your mugshot up on the wall  if you demolish it  ben ?
ATOM 4
DEFENDER 90
CROSSTURISMO 4S
911  991.2
R1250GS

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:39 pm

[quote="justin swift"]
is it free, is there a prize or your mugshot up on the wall  if you demolish it  ben ?
[/quote]

Free if you eat it, £60 if you don't.  However, the next biggest 36Oz steak is £35, which I would order otherwise, so technically I have a £60 up side and only a £24 downside, so I like those odds.

SloanZurnToto

Post by SloanZurnToto » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:51 pm

Sounds a lot like this place in Texas.
http://www.bigtexan.com/free72.html

Just remember, eating all that meat you are slowly killing yourself, and that 72oz steak will probably take a month off your life, or more.
Meat of any kind is very difficult for the human body to digest. Takes days.
A must see video if you care about your health.
Food That Kills - Full Documentary

Enjoy and good luck.

Alex Brandon-Smith

Post by Alex Brandon-Smith » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:54 pm

Can Tom supply an extra wide Man vs Food challenge seat?
310=325! That'll be the Presidential Remap kicking in... :vroom:

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:03 pm

[quote="SloanZurnToto"]
Sounds a lot like this place in Texas.
http://www.bigtexan.com/free72.html

Just remember, eating all that meat you are slowly killing yourself, and that 72oz steak will probably take a month off your life, or more.
Meat of any kind is very difficult for the human body to digest. Takes days.
A must see video if you care about your health.
Food That Kills - Full Documentary

Enjoy and good luck.
[/quote]

Don't worry I won't be eating them on a regular basis so should be ok.  It's the beer I worry about

Monza

Post by Monza » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:32 pm

72 oz is a lot  !
but think that is only just more than 2 kg  ;D that will a joke for you Ben. Good Luck. ;)
Desperate to find a restaurant in France with this challenge, will be obliged to make a jump to London ! :tu:
Jean-Pascal
Atom 3.5 310 Honda LHD

fb.george

Post by fb.george » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:16 am

Top Man Ben

I did a Cadbury Creme Egg eating challenge at Easter. Got through 8 in 7 minutes before 1. I was nearly sick and 2. Became convinced my arteries were clogged and I was going to croak it. Raised a few quid for charity though.

Look forward to your pictures
Keep smiling!!