Private Parking Company - tickets at retail parks

Entertainment and stuff that has nothing to do with the models themselves...
meladdo

Private Parking Company - tickets at retail parks

Post by meladdo » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:31 pm

Anyone had one of these bogus invoices and paid up? - You know the ones - as reported on BBC watchdog - often in retail parks when you stay 2 hrs 2 mins and get hit by a notice on the screen of a 90 quid fee or 55 if paid within 14 days

Well dont pay them!!

ross

Re: Private Parking Company - tickets at retail parks

Post by ross » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:48 am

Which company? I'm dealing with one now from Parking Eye for a 30 min stay in a hotel car park.  I didn't even leave the car and they want £100.

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:24 pm

As I understand it they are pretty much unenforceable so to be ingnored.

meladdo

Post by meladdo » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:35 pm

[quote="benyeats"]
As I understand it they are pretty much unenforceable so to be ingnored.
[/quote]

Ben is absolutely correct - IGNORE

To give you some encouragement and confidence have a look http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

My ticket was issued by a PPC at a retail park.

ross

Post by ross » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:42 pm

Well, I haven't ignored it but I am going to contest it as far as possible.

Prior to October 1st, they were completely unenforceable, but since then they can at least chase the registered keeper if no other details are forthcoming.

My argument is that I didn't see any sign so how could I have entered into a parking contract with them that I then subsequently 'breached'.  Also, their request for £100 far outweighs any loss of earnings they could realistically claim for, for my 30 minute stay.

Anyhow, screw them.  From my point of view, the worst that can happen is I lose in small claims court and pay the fine plus some admin costs (as far as I'm aware anyhow) and I can afford that.

Cheers, Ross.

meladdo

Post by meladdo » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:00 pm

Hi Ross

I am currently at the second appeal stage to  POPLA who I think will deny my appeal just like the PPC - I have taken some advise on Contract Law from a few chaps on the Martin Lewis website - and there is a letter chain that wiull come your way and threats of bailiffs and what not. DO NOT PAY as if you want the details of the website I will pm them to you....

Watchdog piece about PPC'sDon't Pay Penalty Charge Notices Parking tickets As Seen On Watchdog

Will